The Student Room Group

Help with uni application

I am an A Level student from India. I take maths, economics and biology at A Level. I would like to do courses like economics and management at oxford or pure economics or management at lse. Since my school does not provide any guidance on uni applications or opportunities for extra curricular activities, It would be great if anybody can suggest anything I can do this year to make my application competitive and develop a good knowledge of my subject.
Your chances for pure Economics at LSE are pretty limited given that you don't have Further Maths A-level - does your school offer FM A-level?
Reply 2
No.... And I tried to see if anybody can help me with it... My school does not even provide the probability and statistics 2 module and I have to find a tutor... I am aware about the disadvantages of not having fm but thats okay...
If your school don’t offer further maths then LSE won’t count it against you - you’ll just need to make sure that your school state clearly in your reference that FM is not an option. If they won’t, then you should mention it in your personal statement.
Reply 4
Thank you. I'll make sure to do that. And any extracurriculars or extra reading you would suggest for me?
Original post by Meg275
Thank you. I'll make sure to do that. And any extracurriculars or extra reading you would suggest for me?

Have to go and catch a train now but I’ll answer in a few hours
Reply 6
Original post by LeapingLucy
Have to go and catch a train now but I’ll answer in a few hours

Sure. Thanks a lot for helping
Original post by Meg275
I am an A Level student from India. I take maths, economics and biology at A Level. I would like to do courses like economics and management at oxford or pure economics or management at lse. Since my school does not provide any guidance on uni applications or opportunities for extra curricular activities, It would be great if anybody can suggest anything I can do this year to make my application competitive and develop a good knowledge of my subject.

You should sign up to go to a UNIQ summer school. It looks really good on your application especially if you're applying to Oxford. Also try to read as many books and you can which relate to your subject
Reply 8
Original post by Willrumble
You should sign up to go to a UNIQ summer school. It looks really good on your application especially if you're applying to Oxford. Also try to read as many books and you can which relate to your subject

Thanks for the reply. But I believe UNIQ is only for residents of the UK. I am from India, so I cannot apply for it.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest