The Student Room Group

Facetiming a guy with social anxiety

So there’s this guy at my college, and we’ve been talking over snapchat for a few weeks and last night he asked for us to facetime this weekend. Due to being socially anxious, I’m really worried about how it’s gonna go and I don’t want there to be long awkward silences. Any advice?
Just do it.
I’m worried he’s gonna think I’m an idiot for being so awkward (Original post by random_matt)Just do it.
Well if you're face timing a guy with social anxiety you at least have that in common right?
ahh no it’s confusing but it’s me with social anxiety, not him
(Original post by tashkent46)Well if you're face timing a guy with social anxiety you at least have that in common right?
Original post by ellabella0111
ahh no it’s confusing but it’s me with social anxiety, not him
(Original post by tashkent46)Well if you're face timing a guy with social anxiety you at least have that in common right?

Sorry I am being a moron to detract from the visible and myriad issues in my life right now (notice my extended vocabulary in the hope you couldn't understand me, ugh pretentious)!.!

I am sure this guy will think you are cool he wouldn't have agreed to talk to you if not and plus what's the worst that could happen? Being awkward is nothing to be ashamed of.
Lmao guys are happy just to be able to talk with a girl on video. Some dude who likes me called me the other day and all i did was say "yeah" or "mm" and he was perfectly happy lol

Just be chill and talk like how you normally would, if it gets awkward put the phone aside and start multitasking or something lol
Original post by tashkent46
Sorry I am being a moron to detract from the visible and myriad issues in my life right now (notice my extended vocabulary in the hope you couldn't understand me, ugh pretentious)!.!

I am sure this guy will think you are cool he wouldn't have agreed to talk to you if not and plus what's the worst that could happen? Being awkward is nothing to be ashamed of.

but you didn't use 'myriad' correctly, seems like you just looked up synonyms for 'many' lol
Original post by Anonymous
but you didn't use 'myriad' correctly, seems like you just looked up synonyms for 'many' lol

U weren't supposed to look
U weren't supposed to look

even when used wrong, still an awesome word
even when used wrong, still an awesome word

I like to use things wrong deliberately to create double irony. Sometimes people accuse me of covering my ass.
I like to use things wrong deliberately to create double irony. Sometimes people accuse me of covering my ass.

I was majorly impressed btw
I was majorly impressed btw

Well it is late so I can forgive you for that.
I’m a male, who has bad social anxiety aswell. It’s awful.
I understand what you mean by “awkward silence” happens a lot to me
Original post by Mapleservers
I’m a male, who has bad social anxiety aswell. It’s awful.
I understand what you mean by “awkward silence” happens a lot to me

It’s pretty sucky not gonna lie, but It’s getting easier to live with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending