The Student Room Group

Jussie Smollet’s ‘homophobic and racial attack’ a hoax

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47319044

When the news first broke last week, I actually sympathised him. But this morning Chicago police confirmed that he paid two men to perform the attack and he has been arrested and charged.

He has the fame, celebrity friends, he’s an actor on a hit tv show. But that apparently wasn’t enough. And why he staged this attack? For publicity and because he wasn’t happy with his salary on Empire. He wasted the police’s time and money. Made the whole world believe that he was a victim of a homophobic and racist attack. And now people who will have this attack and are victims, the police will less likely to believe them.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nadia19962

When the news first broke last week, I actually sympathised him. But this morning Chicago police confirmed that he paid two men to perform the attack and he has been arrested and charged.

He has the fame, celebrity friends, he’s an actor on a hit tv show. But that apparently wasn’t enough. And why he staged this attack? For publicity and because he wasn’t happy with his salary on Empire. He wasted the police’s time and money. Made the whole world believe that he was a victim of a homophobic and racist attack. And now people who will have this attack and are victims, the police will less likely to believe them.

Crazy if it turns out to be true. I dont watch Empire, so I didnt know him. Obviously it will follow him for life.
Hopefully the media learns its lesson and waits for some actual evidence next time. It's better to be last and right than first and wrong.

Nah, who am I kidding? As soon as the next politically convenient story they can exploit comes along they're gonna jump on it with both feet like they always do.
Original post by Dandaman1
Hopefully the media learns its lesson and waits for some actual evidence next time. It's better to be last and right than first and wrong.

Nah, who am I kidding? As soon as the next politically convenient story they can exploit comes along they're gonna jump on it with both feet like they always do.

Exactly
I find it interesting how the celebrities have actually kept quiet since the ‘truth’ came out. At the beginning they all rallied around him and tweeted their support, but since he handed himself in and has been charged, they’ve been surprisingly quiet.

Why is that surprising? It's obviously an embarrassment for them.
An I watch him on Empire!
I find it interesting how the celebrities have actually kept quiet since the ‘truth’ came out. At the beginning they all rallied around him and tweeted their support, but since he handed himself in and has been charged, they’ve been surprisingly quiet.

the social media mob cannot handle complexity... keep it simple dear.
Original post by Dandaman1

Ironically, they jumped on this and ran with it because they were desperate to make up for the previous cockups for two weekends running one being the Ben Shapiro and baby Hitler story and the second being the Covington boys disaster.
So tons of media and celebrities busy deleting tweets and backpedaling, lots of people with egg on their faces have gone silent.
Just watched a Chicago police superintendent asking why would he do it?
It's bleeding obvious why he did it
We live in an era where there is real value to victimhood.

Anyhow I learnt something new today.
25% of people lynched in the last century in America were white. I always assumed they were all black.
I actually believe he was racially abused and harrassed.

I think the police are covering it up and accusing him of making a false police statement to cover up the fact that they could not solve the crime. Or perhaps a police officer carried out the crime and they are desperate to cover it up.
I think it’s a slap in the face to everyone who has suffered a real homophobic or racist hate crime. He could have incited race riots with the atmosphere in the US. They’re going to make an example of him.

Apparently he lied to the police concerning a DUI years ago...he didn’t learn his lesson.

Really ? I actually believe him.

I think the Chicago police are the ones falsely accusing him of making a false report. I assume because they want to prevent race riots.
My Nigerian brothers did something important for Jessie in response to his request for them to support him in making up this false crime, and now.... Jessie's getting charged. He is going to get wrecked in prison, if he goes that is.

He did this for political reasons
Original post by Nalk1573
I actually believe he was racially abused and harrassed.

I think the police are covering it up and accusing him of making a false police statement to cover up the fact that they could not solve the crime. Or perhaps a police officer carried out the crime and they are desperate to cover it up.

Hahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!
Original post by Occitanie
Hahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!

You left out a few thousand lines.

Hahahahahahaha etc
Original post by Nalk1573
Really ? I actually believe him.

I think the Chicago police are the ones falsely accusing him of making a false report. I assume because they want to prevent race riots.

And the world is flat.
It's sad that he (this is what the police are saying, don't come for me if you don't agree) did this to get a salary bump.
It's even sadder that now people are gonna use this (and have already started to do so) as an excuse to undermine racial and homophobic violence.
Tbh, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like I knew it was BS from the start, because I didn't know, but looking back in hindsight, the story was incredibly unbelievable.

I mean, who wears a MAGA hat in freezing weather in Chicago, and screams 'this is MAGA country' (which makes no sense) and just so happens to be equipped with bleach (which would FREEZE in the temperatures that Jessie Smollett was in) and a nose, and JUST SO HAPPENS to randomly come across a semi-not-so-famous actor that they would recognize at night. Not only that, but then who wears the nose on their neck for the entire night!?!

At least I learned to remember to be more inquisitive next time.
I've never heard of this person too he made up the attack
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-47336596

Just going to laugh some more... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending