The Student Room Group

monzo for student finance

has anyone ever used their monzo bank for student finance and does it work? i want to go to university but i can only have a bank with monzo!! please helps
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Honestly trying to find out the same thing, other student finance advisors saying no and mono themselves say yes. iT IS A WEIRD ONE

Original post by Martamxrtinss
has anyone ever used their monzo bank for student finance and does it work? i want to go to university but i can only have a bank with monzo!! please helps
Reply 2
Why can you only have a bank with Monzo ? I have a Monzo card , Barclays debit & opening a student account with HSBC .
Reply 3
Original post by HenzoP
Why can you only have a bank with Monzo ? I have a Monzo card , Barclays debit & opening a student account with HSBC .

CIFA marker, im so sad. Someone please please help or message me privately
you can use it mate works for me
Original post by GOI983
Original post by GOI983
Honestly trying to find out the same thing, other student finance advisors saying no and mono themselves say yes. iT IS A WEIRD ONE

Yes, of course. Why wouldn't it be okay? It's a UK bank account and Monzo has the appropriate licenses from the FCA.

People have their actual wages paid into Monzo every month - let alone maintenance loans.
Reply 6
Original post by Martamxrtinss

Open a new bank, you get a free railcard with student Santander and you can go into an overdraft of £1,500
Reply 7
Original post by GOI983

Oh I see . Yeah I’m sure SF will accept Monzo as the card to receive the maintenance as Blue Cow said ^
Reply 8
Means a lot people but some random employee stated they do not accept mono all though last year remembering people using it on the student room and I don't see why it should stop now. Plus I put my bank sort code and account number in the application like 3/4 days ago, surely they would've said if it could not be used...
Original post by HenzoP
Oh I see . Yeah I’m sure SF will accept Monzo as the card to receive the maintenance as Blue Cow said ^
did any one actually receive their maintencne loan into a monzo account??? please help
I'm delayed this year with my finance for non-bank reasons but last year I received al three student finance payments into my Monzo.
What uni do you go to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending