The Student Room Group

Brexit

Poll

Brexit

Do you agree that the UK electorate deserve another people’s vote on EU membership.

That Brexit is an engineered right wing lie, promulgated and imposed by the political elite on to a naive and ill-informed UK electorate. That it is divisive and does absolutely nothing to foster social cohesion. That Brexit's sole purpose is the furtherance and advancement of political power.

That all Brexit has achieved is to provide its paymasters, the UK political establishment, with the mandate it sought and needed to legally disenfranchise unwitting UK citizens of their inalienable EU rights and freedoms.

That the same right wing section of the political establishment, witnessed vigorously fostering support for a public EU vote in 2016, can now be seen doing everything in their power to prevent a much wiser UK electorate from having another say (e.g. Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Andrea Leadsham).

And that if the above is true that a good description, would be a “Hypocrisy Democracy”.
(edited 5 years ago)
No
Reply 2
Do you disagree with all of the question and/or just part/s? If just part/s of the question which part/s is it that you disagree with and why?
Original post by Burton Bridge
No
Original post by fosterbrad
Do you agree that the UK electorate deserve another people’s vote on EU membership.

That Brexit is an engineered right wing lie, promulgated and imposed by the political elite on to a naive and ill-informed UK electorate. That it is divisive and does absolutely nothing to foster social cohesion. That Brexit's sole purpose is the furtherance and advancement of political power.

That all Brexit has achieved is to provide its paymasters, the UK political establishment, with the mandate it sought and needed to legally disenfranchise unwitting UK citizens of their inalienable EU rights and freedoms.

That the same right wing section of the political establishment, witnessed vigorously fostering support for a public EU vote in 2016, can now be seen doing everything in their power to prevent a much wiser UK electorate from having another say (e.g. Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Andrea Leadsham).

And that if the above is true that a good description, would be a “Hypocrisy Democracy”.

unfortunately the Great British Public struggled off their sofas and wobbled down to the polling station in their polyester trackies and voted for us to leave. end of.
Original post by the bear
unfortunately the Great British Public struggled off their sofas and wobbled down to the polling station in their polyester trackies and voted for us to leave. end of.

Lovely patronising statement belittling those you seem to look down you're nose on bear, BTW I'm still waiting for your reply on another thread from a week ago.

Unfortunately there are just as many Ill informed Remainers as they are Leavers, it's just it appears its the remain camp that has the most prejudiced people within.
Reply 5

That Brexit is an engineered right wing lie,

Tony Benn was right wing? Who knew....
Reply 6
Yes

Every vote should be by the people, not distant elite in Brussels, Westminister and Edinburgh.
Do you disagree with all of the question and/or just part/s? If just part/s of the question which part/s is it that you disagree with and why?

I disagree that we should have another expensive divisive referendum

I hate the sensationalist term 'peoples vote' its very divisive and damaging.

I disagree that Brexit is right wing

I think there are just as many Ill informed Remainers as they are Leavers.
Reply 8
I hear what your saying but I will have to agree to disagree. I cannot recall any Brexiteers politicians promulgating the benefits of a £39 billion divorce settlement; the NI Backstop and it’s relation to the UK’s Good Friday Agreement Treaty commitments and/ or the negative economic impacts to the UK economy.

however I do remember, ‘Unicorns’ like reduced immigration; £375 million a week more for the NHS; free trade agreements with exactly the same benefits. and the EU ‘bending over backwards’ to give the UK a deal
Lovely patronising statement belittling those you seem to look down you're nose on bear, BTW I'm still waiting for your reply on another thread from a week ago.

Unfortunately there are just as many Ill informed Remainers as they are Leavers, it's just it appears its the remain camp that has the most prejudiced people within.
I hear what your saying but I will have to agree to disagree. I cannot recall any Brexiteers politicians promulgating the benefits of a £39 billion divorce settlement; the NI Backstop and it’s relation to the UK’s Good Friday Agreement Treaty commitments and/ or the negative economic impacts to the UK economy.

however I do remember, ‘Unicorns’ like reduced immigration; £375 million a week more for the NHS; free trade agreements with exactly the same benefits. and the EU ‘bending over backwards’ to give the UK a deal

That was to bear mate.

Agree to differ is absolutely fine with me mate. I too remember plenty of unicorns from the other side of the fence too, economic security, the punishment budget, I even remember the promiss of Brexit will destroy Western civilization as we know it!

If you think it's one sided then my friend you are far too in love with one side you are not seeing the make up.
Reply 10
The purpose of my post was to engender a healthy political debate so it is great to receive and read your considered responses. In reply to your latest post I can assure you that as a lawyer I believe strongly in the proposition that the other side should always be heard.. And yes remainer as well as Brexiteer politicians misled and misrepresented the facts as regards the potential impact of Brexit. However, it is a fact that by voting to leave the EU, UK citizens will lose all of their rights and freedoms associated with being an EU member citizen. But the question and main point of my original post still remains, ‘what have and/or will we as UK citizens gain as a result of leaving?
That was to bear mate.

Agree to differ is absolutely fine with me mate. I too remember plenty of unicorns from the other side of the fence too, economic security, the punishment budget, I even remember the promiss of Brexit will destroy Western civilization as we know it!

If you think it's one sided then my friend you are far too in love with one side you are not seeing the make up.

I disagree with your entire statement.
Brexit is not just a right wing argument which renders the whole thing totally incorrect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending