The Student Room Group

Border Force Applications - Nov 18

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xuser97
How can we follow up this application? Any email address?

On the 18th of January, I emailed a home office address and got this reply....

Thank you for getting in touch.

Having checked the roles you've applied for, I can see that your applications are still being considered and are pending a decision from the vacancy holder. The recruitment for these roles is still live and you will receive an update via your Civil Service Jobs account.

I hope you find this information useful.

Kind regards

Will find the email address and post
[email protected]

In all honestly I think only the larger airports will get the extra vacancy’s, I think the smaller ones like Cardiff won’t and my application will be in vain....🙄
Reply 22
Thank you Yvonne,

I thought they would have been keen on employing more people these days because of the brexit but its been 3 months now, still under review :smile:

Original post by Yvonne 86
[email protected]

In all honestly I think only the larger airports will get the extra vacancy’s, I think the smaller ones like Cardiff won’t and my application will be in vain....🙄
I also follow a different thread on here, April 2018 BF, some people on there have had interviews, job offers and start dates from the Nov 2018 intake....and others like us just have application under review and havnt even got to interview stage ☹️
Reply 24
How many of us in that situation you reckon?
Original post by Yvonne 86
I also follow a different thread on here, April 2018 BF, some people on there have had interviews, job offers and start dates from the Nov 2018 intake....and others like us just have application under review and havnt even got to interview stage ☹️
Reply 25
Original post by Theph31
Has anyone that applied for the Border Force Assistant Officer posts heard anything following their interview? Just to clarify this thread relates to the recent recruitment that closed for applications on 19th November 2018.

I applied in November been invited for an interview this week in Manchester - heard back 2 weeks ago.
I’ve had my interview today for Manchester, Assistant Officer.
Reply 27
I have mine tomorrow! How did yours go? How did you find the interview questions?
Original post by Runner1708
I’ve had my interview today for Manchester, Assistant Officer.
It was actually really nice and relaxed. My panel were lovely. I had two competency questions, managing a quality service and making an effective decision. There were 6 strength questions which are a blur. I feel confident with my competency answers but the strength ones I just can’t tell! It wasn’t as bad as I expected and I haven’t had an interview in 12 years! Good luck for tomorrow. Let us know how you get on 👍🏻
Good luck all who interviewed, hopefully we'll hear back soon
Reply 30
I hope so I feel like the process has been so long now. I just want to know! How did your interview go?
Original post by Ryans121
Good luck all who interviewed, hopefully we'll hear back soon
I think it went well all in all! Managed to give examples to support my statements but yeah feels like it's been a lifetime! How about you?

Original post by bmr29
I hope so I feel like the process has been so long now. I just want to know! How did your interview go?
Reply 32
Yeah I think it went well. Feel like I can’t really remember it now it went so fast. What location was yours for?
I think it went well all in all! Managed to give examples to support my statements but yeah feels like it's been a lifetime! How about you?
I put down Manchester and Liverpool how about you? :smile:
Original post by bmr29
Yeah I think it went well. Feel like I can’t really remember it now it went so fast. What location was yours for?
Reply 34
I put Manchester ☺️
I put down Manchester and Liverpool how about you? :smile:
Damnn competition! Haha joking, glad to hace someone in the same boat as me, Iinterviewed on 27th when were you
Original post by bmr29
I put Manchester ☺️
Reply 36
Mine was on the 7th ☺️
Damnn competition! Haha joking, glad to hace someone in the same boat as me, Iinterviewed on 27th when were you
Did they give any timeframe in which we would hear?
Original post by bmr29
Mine was on the 7th ☺️
FDC831AD-37D4-4A45-94E3-86882F446ECF.png
Guys, not much of an update really but had this back this morning. I’m Manchester, interview on the 6th March
Cheers! who did you email??

Original post by Runner1708
FDC831AD-37D4-4A45-94E3-86882F446ECF.png
Guys, not much of an update really but had this back this morning. I’m Manchester, interview on the 6th March

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending