The Student Room Group

Essex or Surrey University?

I have looked at everything, the rankings, areas, courses... and I still cannot decide. I want to study Drama/ Theatre and Performance and would like to take a placement year. Surrey has a great reputation but I do prefer the course at Essex, however I fear I am giving up a great opportunity by not going to Surrey? Any advice?
Original post by daisychain12345
I have looked at everything, the rankings, areas, courses... and I still cannot decide. I want to study Drama/ Theatre and Performance and would like to take a placement year. Surrey has a great reputation but I do prefer the course at Essex, however I fear I am giving up a great opportunity by not going to Surrey? Any advice?

go with Essex if you prefer the course. higher ranked unis are generally better-targeted by employers, but that doesn't really apply to Drama/Theatre (you're not going to get headhunted by the Big 4 accountancy firms) so there will be no particular benefit of Surrey, although I hope you've visited Essex uni....
Thank you, yeah I visited them both on applicant days and preferred Surrey University as a whole but didn't mind Essex. It's just I prefer the course there.
Original post by A Rolling Stone
go with Essex if you prefer the course. higher ranked unis are generally better-targeted by employers, but that doesn't really apply to Drama/Theatre (you're not going to get headhunted by the Big 4 accountancy firms) so there will be no particular benefit of Surrey, although I hope you've visited Essex uni....
Are you allergic to orange faces? If so, Essex is not for you.
Yo.

I'm currently on the Theatre and Performance programme at Surrey. If have any questions or want to chat through anything regarding the course / placement before making your choice, feel free to send me a message or reply here.

I wish you all the best whatever decision you make :smile:.
Louis.
Hiya,
Thank you so much, I decided on Surrey, but now they say the course has been cancelled and I don't know what to do. Do you think it will run again the year after?
Original post by LuiEmmitt
Yo.

I'm currently on the Theatre and Performance programme at Surrey. If have any questions or want to chat through anything regarding the course / placement before making your choice, feel free to send me a message or reply here.

I wish you all the best whatever decision you make :smile:.
Louis.
Hi daisychain12345

We regret that this course won't be running anymore. We’re working with UCAS to make sure students with places on this course are supported to find a new place. We understand that this will come as disappointing news and we would like to ensure that you are aware of the options that are open to you.

We recommend contacting UCAS and they are happy to assist you in changing your response to your offers or, where appropriate, substituting your Surrey choice for another institution. You can contact UCAS on 0371 468 0 468 (or from outside the UK on +44 330 3330 230) Monday to Friday, 08:30am to 6:00pm.

You can also speak to the University and GSA directly by emailing [email protected]

Thanks,
Joe

Hiya,
Thank you so much, I decided on Surrey, but now they say the course has been cancelled and I don't know what to do. Do you think it will run again the year after?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending