The Student Room Group

Border Force Applications - Nov 18

Scroll to see replies

I also got my got my email on the 4th April placed on the reserve list for 12months. I applied to Manchester. I interviewed end of Feb. Seems like everybody is being placed on the reserve list for the bigger airport I think it’s to do with their financial funding for 2019/2020.
Reply 81
I’m just curious if anyone has been given a job offer or has everyone been put on reserve?
Original post by bmr29
I’m just curious if anyone has been given a job offer or has everyone been put on reserve?

From what I can make out everyone is on reserve, certainly those that interviewed this year!
I think certain things such as Brexit outcome and yearly budget have played a part in the resource planning
Reply 84
Really doesn’t make much sense as to why hold such lengthy interviews if there are no jobs?
Original post by Runner1708
From what I can make out everyone is on reserve, certainly those that interviewed this year!
Yeah totally agree! Someone who I know who works in immigration has said it’s brexit
Reply 86
Does he by think once brexit has happened or not there will be jobs?
Original post by Runner1708
Yeah totally agree! Someone who I know who works in immigration has said it’s brexit
All he said is he thinks that once Brexit is sorted he thinks I will be offered a job. Didn’t probe any further.
Another delay until end of October :frown:
Original post by Katiemgc
Another delay until end of October :frown:

Think we can forget these jobs 😥
I'm itching to get moving and become part of this. I'm going to get past this reserve list stuff even if it kills me.
Civil service cancelled the no deal Brexit office today- with that goes any chance of these jobs coming off. Put simply open borders continue and no need for any!
Original post by john1930
Civil service cancelled the no deal Brexit office today- with that goes any chance of these jobs coming off. Put simply open borders continue and no need for any!

What do you mean Brexit office closure?
Original post by Katiemgc
What do you mean Brexit office closure?

The Govt had a special office set up to deal with the issues surrounding a no deal Brexit ie Borders part of it. Theyve effectivley wasted 2 Billion in preparation as the Government today announced the office was closing as it wasnt needed. In effect its going to be Mays deal or no Brexit- either way we stay in the EU whatever lies the Government tell . Along with that unfortunately for us they wont need to expand the Border force as nothing is changing. I hope im wrong as i put a lot of effort into the application but i doubt it !
They've just posted assistant officer vacancies for Manchester on indeed so hopefully you're wrong ha
Reply 95
How does that even make any sense? I applied for Manchester but I’m on reserve!? So confused 😩

Original post by Ryans121
They've just posted assistant officer vacancies for Manchester on indeed so hopefully you're wrong ha
Original post by bmr29
How does that even make any sense? I applied for Manchester but I’m on reserve!? So confused 😩

It doesnt, the positions are for felixestowe and MK not MCR- we already knew about those
There is an ad for Border Force Assistant officers but it’s non operational, it’s a different role. It’s in the command and control unit, only 3 posts and temp for 2 years
Reply 98
I have also been placed in to reserve list for 12 months.
Hi all

I am slightly confused, I was put on the reserve list for 12 month in April. Today I got an email for a provisional offer, post is located in at Edinburgh airport. I never put Edinburgh as my first preferred location, it was Manchester then Liverpool. Anybody had something similar or any offers for Manchester.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending