The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Accommodation - Hickling/Barton or Crome Court

Hi there :smile:

I’ve seen Hickling/Barton accommodation and really liked it! I realised I didn’t visit Crome Court but it’s the same price and therefore probably very similar. It sounds great in theory but there’s hardly any info online about it, any experiences? Also no photos of kitchen that I can find and etc
Hi elleguyan,

Are you applying for an undergrad or a postgrad course? There is a mixture of accommodation catered for undergrads and postgrads. You can see more photos of all the accommodation options on Facebook and for detailed room plans, check out the individual accommodation sections.

Happy choosing!

Mev, Undergrad rep

Original post by elleguyan
Hi there :smile:

I’ve seen Hickling/Barton accommodation and really liked it! I realised I didn’t visit Crome Court but it’s the same price and therefore probably very similar. It sounds great in theory but there’s hardly any info online about it, any experiences? Also no photos of kitchen that I can find and etc
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Hi elleguyan,

Are you applying for an undergrad or a postgrad course? There is a mixture of accommodation catered for undergrads and postgrads. You can see more photos of all the accommodation options on Facebook and for detailed room plans, check out the individual accommodation sections.

Happy choosing!

Mev, Undergrad rep

Hi, I’m applying for undergraduate. I have looked at the website and Facebook gallery but I can’t find enough information about Crome court as there is no video tour like with the others and there is no photos of the kitchen or etc so it’s hard to compare to the others.
Best to contact the accommodation office. I suggest asking them for everything you want to see and know about Crome Court and how to apply for accommodation if you really like the look of it :smile:

Mev, Undergrad Rep.
Hi, I’m applying for undergraduate. I have looked at the website and Facebook gallery but I can’t find enough information about Crome court as there is no video tour like with the others and there is no photos of the kitchen or etc so it’s hard to compare to the others.
Reply 4
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Best to contact the accommodation office. I suggest asking them for everything you want to see and know about Crome Court and how to apply for accommodation if you really like the look of it :smile:

Mev, Undergrad Rep.

Thank you for your response! I’ve since realised I was having little luck with finding things about Crome Court because it’s postgraduate only, somehow missed that! So problem solved with which one will be my first choice.

Thanks! :biggrin:
Oh amazing, glad you've chosen where to live. If you have any questions about UEA, Norwich or anything you are worried about university-wise and want to discuss things on a more private forum, feel free to message me or other current UEA students through Ask A Student - we're here to help.

All the best,

Mev, Undergrad rep
Thank you for your response! I’ve since realised I was having little luck with finding things about Crome Court because it’s postgraduate only, somehow missed that! So problem solved with which one will be my first choice.

Thanks! :biggrin:
You made a good choice with Hickling and Barton! That is where I am right now and it is lovely. If you have any questions about the accommodation feel free to ask me
I lived in Barton last year and absolutely loved it. The size of the kitchens and the abundance of storage both in the kitchen and bedroom really do beat the other options (or at least from what I saw from friends' flats). As much as the bedrooms are fairly small, the storage was really good in keeping my room uncluttered so I never had an issue with it feeling small (even with the ridiculous amount of stuff that I bought to uni with me!) (If you have any more questions about Barton/Hickling or anything feel free to message :smile:)
Reply 8
I have had my accommodation in Barton confirmed for September and I've started to buy a few bits. Can you tell me how it works in the kitchen with storage? Does each person have a cupboard or locker and then a shelf in the fridge? Is there a freezer? If you have any helpful hints about living in Barton I'd love to hear them! Thanks.
Original post by izzyjwin
I have had my accommodation in Barton confirmed for September and I've started to buy a few bits. Can you tell me how it works in the kitchen with storage? Does each person have a cupboard or locker and then a shelf in the fridge? Is there a freezer? If you have any helpful hints about living in Barton I'd love to hear them! Thanks.

Hi!
In my flat we had a fridge shelf each (then shared the fruit/veg drawers) and a freezer drawer each. I imagine all the of the flats will work out to have similar space! Each room has one labelled cupboard and then there are plenty more for you to divide between yourselves too.
Original post by Emmaclaire4
Hi!
In my flat we had a fridge shelf each (then shared the fruit/veg drawers) and a freezer drawer each. I imagine all the of the flats will work out to have similar space! Each room has one labelled cupboard and then there are plenty more for you to divide between yourselves too.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending