The Student Room Group

CIE History Paper 12 thoughts?

What’s everyone’s thoughts about IGCSE history paper 12?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was actually quite easy, I did the Hitler question and the Collapse of the USSR question.

For depth study, I had depth study D and did the first question
i hate all of you smart people am i the only one that struggled?
what questions did you choose?
Original post by gcsesgonnakillme
Reply 4
Who knows what the 4 marker for Nazi Germany was?
Q11 A was something about the role of the SA Q12 A was something like what was the role of informants in Nazi Germany?
it really was not easy for me! lmao, I guess it's just you, me and the smart people. I did question 5,6 and 11. 5 and 6 were really mean I feel like
Original post by andy4336
what questions did you choose?

chose 5 and 6 and i did germany depth study and i chose the first question for that i think its Q11?
yes thank you so i am not the only onee and woah i did the exact same too! you had germany as depth study?
Original post by PoppyCurtis03
it really was not easy for me! lmao, I guess it's just you, me and the smart people. I did question 5,6 and 11. 5 and 6 were really mean I feel like
Yeah I had depth study B so Germany and did the first one of the two, I feel like the depth study was fine but the core content ones were so mean like the slavery commission of the League of Nations ??? What the heck that’s like 2 lines of the revision guide and the 6 pointer on Hitlers involvement in the Spanish civil war ?? It kinda seems like they were so precise and unexpected questions
Yeah I had depth study B so Germany and did the first one of the two, I feel like the depth study was fine but the core content ones were so mean like the slavery commission of the League of Nations ??? What the heck that’s like 2 lines of the revision guide and the 6 pointer on Hitlers involvement in the Spanish civil war ?? It kinda seems like they were so precise and unexpected questions

yes very true i just made it up or stretched it but weirdly enough my teacher was like revise the civil war just in case and wow it came up but the four mark on how Hitler broke his policies was so stupid cause that should have been a six mark don't you think?
100% Yes, I feel like I could have developed that way more than his involvement in the Spanish civil war. I did answer the Spanish civil war question but did not know any details so my answer was very vague and not worthy of full points to any extent whereas I had so much more on how hitler broke the treaty of Versailles...
yes very true i just made it up or stretched it but weirdly enough my teacher was like revise the civil war just in case and wow it came up but the four mark on how Hitler broke his policies was so stupid cause that should have been a six mark don't you think?
100% Yes, I feel like I could have developed that way more than his involvement in the Spanish civil war. I did answer the Spanish civil war question but did not know any details so my answer was very vague and not worthy of full points to any extent whereas I had so much more on how hitler broke the treaty of Versailles...

yes i totally understand where you are coming from but i was also so annoyed that the cold war didn't come up. this week is paper two ahh
yes i totally understand where you are coming from but i was also so annoyed that the cold war didn't come up. this week is paper two ahh

Same, I found out the night before that the Cold War/ containment couldn’t come up on paper 1 because it’s the thème for paper 2, i didn’t know that so I revised it and was gutted when I found out ! Such a waste of time as there’s not even that much knowledge required for paper 2
Same, I found out the night before that the Cold War/ containment couldn’t come up on paper 1 because it’s the thème for paper 2, i didn’t know that so I revised it and was gutted when I found out ! Such a waste of time as there’s not even that much knowledge required for paper 2

yess i knowww but i thought just cuban missile korean war and vietnam were going to be on paper two no?
yess i knowww but i thought just cuban missile korean war and vietnam were going to be on paper two no?

It’s on all of containment so Yh it can be Cuba, Vietnam or Korea
It’s on all of containment so Yh it can be Cuba, Vietnam or Korea

oh okay thanks so just to clarify paper 2 is cold war plus everything mentioned above?
oh okay thanks so just to clarify paper 2 is cold war plus everything mentioned above?

Im not sure about the Cold War... I mean obviously Korea Vietnam and Cuba are during the Cold War but Im pretty sure it’s only containment of communism and not the other aspects of the Cold War. Not 100% sure though
Im not sure about the Cold War... I mean obviously Korea Vietnam and Cuba are during the Cold War but Im pretty sure it’s only containment of communism and not the other aspects of the Cold War. Not 100% sure though

thank you so muchh good luck on your paper 2 poppy x
i wish you all the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending