The Student Room Group

A level students - How many hours are you revising right now?

My exams start on June 4th and I currently only do 1 chemistry past paper and 1 maths past paper sometimes just random maths topics (overall 3 hours). I feel like I am learning but others student tell me they do 5+ hours and it gets me nervous.

My subjects are maths and chem - I finished all my art on Tuesday so that's all good. So should I revise more?

I am confident in maths, it's just organic that confuses my brain lol
(edited 4 years ago)
i love organic
Original post by ctchannah
i love organic

I envy you.
as in organic in chem i love that sh*t gets me to atleast a B
Original post by kurro
I envy you.
as in organic in chem i love that sh*t gets me to atleast a B

Got any pro tips? :/
practice the mechanisms like a good 10 times like draw them out remember each reaction and understand it should be in your head like its no big deal
Original post by kurro
got any pro tips on transition metals ;(
Original post by kurro
I do 3 hours a day but I have been studying all year
30 mins, I'm really ill rn lol. luckily i only have 1 exam before the half term snd it should be alright (Aiming for a B)
Do you not get bored or strt to procrastinate
Original post by Mustafa0605
I do 3 hours a day but I have been studying all year
Reply 10
yeah i feel like i would tbh
but then again people are different and diff learning styles and timing suit them differently
Original post by kurro
My exams start on June 4th and I currently only do 1 chemistry past paper and 1 maths past paper sometimes just random maths topics (overall 3 hours). I feel like I am learning but others student tell me they do 5+ hours and it gets me nervous.

My subjects are maths and chem - I finished all my art on Tuesday so that's all good. So should I revise more?

I am confident in maths, it's just organic that confuses my brain lol
Original post by AQAsucks66
Do you not get bored or strt to procrastinate

My first exam is in 5 days there’s no more space for procrastination lol. In terms of studying all year round, I do further maths and if I don’t study for it I might aswell not turn up for the exam because it’s that hard lol.

I honestly don't know why but every time i read in organic it stays in my head or i read it over a few times. Very opposite for organic 😂
Also because there is a lotta maths 🙌

I also try look cover check ore whatever its called. Surprisingly helpful.

And of course past papers...too bad i only have 3 in total as its a new unit lmao
Weeell, my first exam's on Monday and I'll probably finish revising for it this Friday with about 4 hours a day for the last couple weeks (more like 2.5 if I take procrastination into account). I've only got two exams before the half term (but I have 8 after it), so during the half term, I'll probably be doing 5-6 hours a day (4 hours with procrastination :woo: )

ugh literally going over transition metals and it is doing my head in honestly, the best thing I'm doing is past paper questions on it and just memorising the mark scheme honestly I have barely any time left for past papers imma just memorise the mark scheme now and hope for the best im aiming for an A but its Edexcel so I doubt it :smile: a U it is
wag1
i've been doing 8/9 hours because my subjects are all essay based and require loads of memorising
Original post by Mustafa0605
My first exam is in 5 days there’s no more space for procrastination lol. In terms of studying all year round, I do further maths and if I don’t study for it I might aswell not turn up for the exam because it’s that hard lol.

Gl for the exam!
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
ugh literally going over transition metals and it is doing my head in honestly, the best thing I'm doing is past paper questions on it and just memorising the mark scheme honestly I have barely any time left for past papers imma just memorise the mark scheme now and hope for the best im aiming for an A but its Edexcel so I doubt it :smile: a U it is

Nah fam ez A
gl

If your having trouble with remembering the colour complexes then look, cover, check may help
I know its for children for spelling but it works 😂😂

And yeah i guess for the rest past papers are all we can do :/

Quick Reply

Latest