The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Applying straight to a second year at Swansea, June application

Hey, I'm looking to apply to Swansea for 2019 entry, I've done a first year already and then taken a year out but want to go back. How do you rate my chances getting in as a second year, mature student applying this late in the year?
Original post by Cement Addiction
Hey, I'm looking to apply to Swansea for 2019 entry, I've done a first year already and then taken a year out but want to go back. How do you rate my chances getting in as a second year, mature student applying this late in the year?

All depends on if they have any space, contact them asap
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Okay, I will do! I just wasn't sure since there are two dates for applications? Feb time and June time?
Original post by claireestelle
All depends on if they have any space, contact them asap
Living in Swansea, I can see the uni gaining popularity and overtaking Cardiff in some courses. The gaining popularity all over the world can decrease the chances but it all depends on your course and the number of students who have applied for it.
Good Luck!
Thanks :smile: yeah I'm going to apply to Cardiff as well, but I actually think Swanseas course looks better, plus living costs are so much better.. I really like it there:smile:
Original post by gurshaanssethi
Living in Swansea, I can see the uni gaining popularity and overtaking Cardiff in some courses. The gaining popularity all over the world can decrease the chances but it all depends on your course and the number of students who have applied for it.
Good Luck!
I would not recommend Cardiff, and I speak from experience of being a mature student.
Oh really? Why not? What was bad about it?
Original post by cardiffstudent1
I would not recommend Cardiff, and I speak from experience of being a mature student.
Just sent you a message
Hi @Cement Addiction,

If you're looking to get a second year entry with us, send us an email to [email protected] including your course of interest, qualifications, and performance and module syllabus on your current course thus far and we will be happy to give you a pretty solid idea of your chances of success if you put in a formal application. If you do that fairly promptly, the timing (and being a mature student) shouldn't really impact this at all.

Jamie
Hi Jamie,

Thanks very much for this! That's very reassuring :smile:
I will have to request module and performance info from my old uni so I don't know how long that will take.

Also, will I need to have a personal statement to submit and if so can I use my original one edited?

Thankyou,
Tia
Original post by Swansea University Enquiries
Hi @Cement Addiction,

If you're looking to get a second year entry with us, send us an email to [email protected] including your course of interest, qualifications, and performance and module syllabus on your current course thus far and we will be happy to give you a pretty solid idea of your chances of success if you put in a formal application. If you do that fairly promptly, the timing (and being a mature student) shouldn't really impact this at all.

Jamie
Original post by Cement Addiction
Hi Jamie,

Thanks very much for this! That's very reassuring :smile:
I will have to request module and performance info from my old uni so I don't know how long that will take.

Also, will I need to have a personal statement to submit and if so can I use my original one edited?

Thankyou,
Tia

If the opening informal part of this goes well, we'll advise you to put in an application via UCAS for second year entry, and that will require a personal statement. An edited version of a previous one should be just fine!

Jamie

Quick Reply

Latest