The Student Room Group

PwC 2019 Career Focus Day

Scroll to see replies

I just went to the Career focus day today, it's all still pretty fresh in my mind. AMA.

PS: everyone from summer interns to corporate tax grad applicants to assurance and technology risk were at the AC together.
Hey, did you have a face to face interview or were you only assessed on how you performed?
Original post by R123Z456
Hey, did you have a face to face interview or were you only assessed on how you performed?

It was quite an informal chat about what happened in the day, just be honest, they might say something like why pwc but thats the only one you could prep for really
What activities did you do? Were there any numerical reasoning tests?
Reply 64
Did anyone have an instance where desired dates where not available and later had the dates updated?
Original post by law3651
Did anyone have an instance where desired dates where not available and later had the dates updated?

I know what you're thinking but don't risk it! I think it's possible they may appear but once the dates are gon, they're gone!
Reply 66
Anyone doing their ac in leeds on the 28th (this month) that wants to be pals? Hmu!
i have mine 28th march at Manchester
Original post by raynhj
Anyone doing their ac in leeds on the 28th (this month) that wants to be pals? Hmu!
Reply 68
Any one have one in Edinburgh soon?
Hi! Can anyone tell me what the video interview for it is like?
Hi all I’m having my career focus day tomorrow and I have talked to a few people but I’m not 100% sure could anyone give me any pointers on what they are assessing? I am well mannered and so I’m not very outspoken so I’m hoping this does not affect my chances
it honestly isn't as bad as you think. A question will show up and you have 2 minutes to prepare to answer the question and then 3 minutes to answer. I think I remember there being about 5/6 questions though it have been more. Just be yourself and explain why PwC.
Original post by laurenl96
Hi! Can anyone tell me what the video interview for it is like?
Reply 72
Hey, I have my AC on the 20th of May. Any advice on overall attitude and dress code?
Dress code - I would honestly say wear a suit. You won't be required to wear one when working there all the time but just to impress them, go the extra mile. I wore black suit trousers, a cream blouse which I tucked in and a black blazer on top (if u want an idea for a girl).

And attitude wise, just be friendly and try to get to know your group beforehand so that when it comes to the group activities, you're comfortable with them. We had like 15 mins to chat before they called us in. My advice in the group discussions and meetings is to listen when someone else is speaking (nod your head to make it obvious) and when you are speaking, don't waffle and just get straight to the point. Don't be quiet in the discussions and if at any point no one is talking, take charge and lead the conversation, asking people what they think.
I wore a suit but it doesn’t matter just look presentable, try and look at the activities you do with an open mind and don’t be afraid to share ideas. I had mine yesterday and it went well for me but there were others who were a lot more vocal so only time will tell if I get it or not.
Original post by simzzbb
Hey, I have my AC on the 20th of May. Any advice on overall attitude and dress code?
Reply 75
Hey, I had my AC on Monday, I think it didn´t go too bad. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to tell you about the result? And what the probability is for you to get an offer?
Has Anyone signed up the June 3 assessment centre?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 77
got mine at 1:30 in London, you?
Original post by Zhiyi-GE
Has Anyone signed up the June 3 assessment centre?
yes, in London, but what does 1:30 mean? the ending time?
Original post by ic496
got mine at 1:30 in London, you?
Original post by simzzbb
Hey, I had my AC on Monday, I think it didn´t go too bad. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to tell you about the result? And what the probability is for you to get an offer?

I waited a week and didn't get a reply so I emailed them and they rang 2 days later to tell me I passed. But she did say that she tried ringing earlier but her call didn't go through (virgin media had some issues). So don't worry too much if you don't get a call the next day. They can be busy sometimes.
Probability wise, one of the guys I was at the assessment centre with said 1 in 10 but I'm not too sure how accurate that is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending