The Student Room Group

turnitin similarity

I am on 24 the report is a self reflection on a chosen job after graduating. 4 percent is on the cv and 2 is on the job description. The rest is on the main text. Should I really be worried ?
Original post by Anonymous
I am on 24 the report is a self reflection on a chosen job after graduating. 4 percent is on the cv and 2 is on the job description. The rest is on the main text. Should I really be worried ?

If turnitin is highlighting blocks of text as similar to others then you should be worried. It would only do this if you have plagiarised. However if it's just the odd word or phrase then it's fine.

Hi,

Sometimes if you have referenced correctly, the actual reference list can count towards your similarity score. Of course in this case when your work is marked you will not loose marks as it just means it is a common source of information. However if it is a lot of full sentences showing up in your text then this may be a problem and I would suggest, if possible, to have a look a changing this text.

I hope this helps,
Tom :hello:
Reply 3
Thanks it helps a lot
Anything else we can help with, give us a shout! :beard:
Thanks it helps a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending