The Student Room Group

Biology GCSE paper 2 2019 Higher/Foundation unofficial mark scheme

I personally think paper 2 was harder than paper 1. What did you guys find as some of your answers. DO SHARE!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did you do the single science? Foundation tier?
Reply 2
I did higher single science but there were some overlap questions I remember
Original post by Eirlys77
Reply 3
Did you do foundation single science?

Reply 4
I actually enjoyed paper 1 but our tutor hadn't actually covered at least half of what was in that second paper! That DNA question, labelling the parts, that wasn't even in the text book...was it?! I never saw that style of diagram anywhere before!
Ah, new to this and only saw your question about the questions! I did the foundation paper, don't think you had the question I was just talking about!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
wait i think we had that question. Was it something like you had to choose from the options below and label the parts like nucleotides, sugar, base?
I actually enjoyed paper 1 but our tutor hadn't actually covered at least half of what was in that second paper! That DNA question, labelling the parts, that wasn't even in the text book...was it?! I never saw that style of diagram anywhere before!
Ah, new to this and only saw your question about the questions! I did the foundation paper, don't think you had the question I was just talking about!
Reply 6
Yes, that very one!
Reply 7
Yes! That very one!
Reply 8
i have been taught that before so i had no problem with that question but that eye question messed me up. it was like how the eye focuses on near objects and it was a 6 marker. Did you have that one? or what other 6 marker did you have?
Yes! That very one!
Reply 9
No, we had no eye questions on ours. Oddly I'd have preferred a 6 pointer on the eye, ours should have been super easy as it was to do with the seedling experiment showing phototropy. It was just a bit non specific and I did ok on it but should have done better, particularly when I actually did know that, unlike so much else in the paper!
Original post by vanshikab.25
i have been taught that before so i had no problem with that question but that eye question messed me up. it was like how the eye focuses on near objects and it was a 6 marker. Did you have that one? or what other 6 marker did you have?
we had that same seedling question on the triple for 6 marks. are you sure you didnt accidently miss a page for the eye question?
No, we had no eye questions on ours. Oddly I'd have preferred a 6 pointer on the eye, ours should have been super easy as it was to do with the seedling experiment showing phototropy. It was just a bit non specific and I did ok on it but should have done better, particularly when I actually did know that, unlike so much else in the paper!
luckily for me the only practical i revised was the seedling experiment because there was a lot of other things i had to revise as i am a total procrastinator. good thing that the biology exam was in the afternoon so i got to do some last minute revision on that practical but i still think i messed up cz yeah it was a bit non specific. what other questions did you guys have? Any 5 markers?
Original post by Aayyshaa
we had that same seedling question on the triple for 6 marks. are you sure you didnt accidently miss a page for the eye question?

Yes x

Did you do foundation single science?
Not unless everyone else missed it out too! No, no eye question. X
Oh, well done! I can't remember any five markers.
luckily for me the only practical i revised was the seedling experiment because there was a lot of other things i had to revise as i am a total procrastinator. good thing that the biology exam was in the afternoon so i got to do some last minute revision on that practical but i still think i messed up cz yeah it was a bit non specific. what other questions did you guys have? Any 5 markers?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
I was OK with the eye and the seedlings in Higher but those maths questions were just terrible. We didn’t cover how to answer the graph questions. And that’s 10% of the total marks
I don't recall graph questions but, though I suspect it's entirely easy, I'm a mature student and my maths is a dim and distant memory and the question I think both the higher and foundation papers had that required an answer in standard form was beyond me as we hadn't been taught standard form sufficiently! Our tutor just confused the issue massively, said she'd ask a maths tutor and then never actually told us!
Original post by Jules64
I was OK with the eye and the seedlings in Higher but those maths questions were just terrible. We didn’t cover how to answer the graph questions. And that’s 10% of the total marks
yes those maths questions were terrible. i got 14000 for the first part and then for the second part i found the volume and multiplied it by 14000 and then converted it to standard form. but i might be wrong because a lot of people said they got 0.0014 (which doesn't make to me sense because you can't have 0.0014 of an organism, unless AQA thinks otherwise)
Original post by Jules64

I don't recall graph questions but, though I suspect it's entirely easy, I'm a mature student and my maths is a dim and distant memory and the question I think both the higher and foundation papers had that required an answer in standard form was beyond me as we hadn't been taught standard form sufficiently! Our tutor just confused the issue massively, said she'd ask a maths tutor and then never actually told us!
Put it this way, I think I scored a big, fat zero on that one!
yes those maths questions were terrible. i got 14000 for the first part and then for the second part i found the volume and multiplied it by 14000 and then converted it to standard form. but i might be wrong because a lot of people said they got 0.0014 (which doesn't make to me sense because you can't have 0.0014 of an organism, unless AQA thinks otherwise)
Don't worry maths is only 10% of the whole biology exam so even if you didn't do well on that question, surely there will be some questions you did well on. And that's why we have 2 papers, if we mess up on one of that you have another one to balance it out. so you'll be fine.

Put it this way, I think I scored a big, fat zero on that one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending