The Student Room Group

whats the worst advice you have been given ?

worst advice ?

Scroll to see replies

Here’s some context first: I was in form having a mental breakdown on y10 mock week.
My form tutor came up to me and said “it’s only stress, stress is good for u”
So being the dumb little sh*t that I am, I didn’t talk to anyone about my stress for weeks, now I’ve been diagnosed with severe anxiety and I can’t stay in lessons because of stress because I have become so overwhelmed by everything and I’m not allowed to move forms.
Reply 2
Original post by Herbie-gem01
Here’s some context first: I was in form having a mental breakdown on y10 mock week.
So being the dumb little sh*t that I am, I didn’t talk to anyone about my stress for weeks, now I’ve been diagnosed with severe anxiety and I can’t stay in lessons because of stress because I have become so overwhelmed by everything and I’m not allowed to move forms.

oh gosh I hope u r okay the teacher definitely was clueless about stress
Reply 3

Wt kinda tutor did you have?

Terrible
"You just need to practice a bit more to get there"

**** you :h:
Reply 5
"just stop thinking about them" - referring to my friends who've died.
When I have experienced something unpleasant and people say "it is what it is" to try and help me get over it. Gosh I hate that phrase with a passion.
Reply 7
money doesn't buy u happiness but gets rid of slot of problems that make u unhappy
Original post by Unknown.X2
oh gosh I hope u r okay the teacher definitely was clueless about stress

He never thinks before he speaks. He’s homophobic, sexist and racist and drinks 2 cans of monster energy for his breakfast in form. I’m not as bad now as I was after talking to my head of year but I’m still not allowed to change forms.
Reply 9
He never thinks before he speaks. He’s homophobic, sexist and racist and drinks 2 cans of monster energy for his breakfast in form. I’m not as bad now as I was after talking to my head of year but I’m still not allowed to change forms.

sounds pretty **** tbh blame the person who hired him aswell but dw seek help and make sure your number 1 focus is getting the best grades u can
my friend passed away start of year7 and ofc i was upset so this person in my class said
"i heard (name) died. u can always get a new friend"
who says that
sounds pretty **** tbh blame the person who hired him aswell but dw seek help and make sure your number 1 focus is getting the best grades u can

Good idea! Thanks for the advice
"Accept that there are limits"

“Be yourself”
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
Good idea! Thanks for the advice

no problem good luck !
My parents asking me to study home, paying nothing for rent, food etc. Left the following month and independence is great!

Complain and get them to make more effort with you
Reply 16
Original post by lilTrain
my friend passed away start of year7 and ofc i was upset so this person in my class said
"i heard (name) died. u can always get a new friend"
who says that

wtf my guy who says that I hope u r okay and are recovering from your loss stay strong brother
Reply 17
Original post by Arcaneballs
My parents asking me to study home, paying nothing for rent, food etc. Left the following month and independence is great!

independence is great but stressful at times I hope it is working out for you
Reply 18
Original post by JasmineLLB
"Accept that there are limits"

As cringe as it sounds, I do not like that mentality.

yh thar saying is bad in a sense that u should not limit yourself in what u can achieve
independence is great but stressful at times I hope it is working out for you

I feel great. And by independence, I mean leaving my home country to study abroad, alone.

Quick Reply

Latest