The Student Room Group

i need opinions, geniune opinions please

me and my gf have been having issues that has led to an on and off relationship because she constantly tells me I am selfish and until I accept what she wants we are always never going have a stable relationship and will leave me.
I keep getting tired and breaking up with her and we keep getting back together over and over again.
we got back together 2 months ago. she says I need to stop breaking up with her or she will never put any effort into the relationship but she doesn't believe that the root cause of the break up starts from her behaviour - finds that am wrong to have female study buddies, that I don't share my relationship details with my classmates, and that I don't do the things she wants.
we got to the same issues again last week because it is her birthday in three weeks.
we live 400 miles apart because of my studies and work, she works full time. she is upset and annoyed that I haven't made plans for her birthday which is 4 days before my medical exam. so she is upset that s]her birthday should have been a priority for me as its important to her. I feel that she is being unreasonable because she isn't considering that I have exams 4 days after her birthday and that I need time to study for my exam. am i wrong or is she being unreasonable towards my situation?
Reply 1
Do you even like each other?
It does not sound like either of you are happy, acting like reasonable people or remotely compatible.
It seems like neither you nor your girlfriend are happy in this relationship and that it's just causing you extra, unnecessary stress. End it.
Original post by annonymous1984
me and my gf have been having issues that has led to an on and off relationship because she constantly tells me I am selfish and until I accept what she wants we are always never going have a stable relationship and will leave me.
I keep getting tired and breaking up with her and we keep getting back together over and over again.
we got back together 2 months ago. she says I need to stop breaking up with her or she will never put any effort into the relationship but she doesn't believe that the root cause of the break up starts from her behaviour - finds that am wrong to have female study buddies, that I don't share my relationship details with my classmates, and that I don't do the things she wants.
we got to the same issues again last week because it is her birthday in three weeks.
we live 400 miles apart because of my studies and work, she works full time. she is upset and annoyed that I haven't made plans for her birthday which is 4 days before my medical exam. so she is upset that s]her birthday should have been a priority for me as its important to her. I feel that she is being unreasonable because she isn't considering that I have exams 4 days after her birthday and that I need time to study for my exam. am i wrong or is she being unreasonable towards my situation?
Thank you, I think I have felt like I don't want to be at fault to end things as she claims everything happens because of my behaviour
Original post by LaurenChez
It seems like neither you nor your girlfriend are happy in this relationship and that it's just causing you extra, unnecessary stress. End it.
I do love her but sometimes it gets too complicated for me and I lose my patience because I think some of these things is easy and simple to understand than her making a case out of it
Original post by Hdeinso
Do you even like each other?
More or so its same arguments so yeah you're right. Sometimes I want to belive that I ain't doing anything wrong to receive that treatment from her but then she makes me second guess all the time if am actually at fault because it's the last thing I want to feel
Original post by londonmyst
It does not sound like either of you are happy, acting like reasonable people or remotely compatible.
She's being unreasonable. If you want to stay together you could suggest arranging something for after the exams. But it sounds like breaking up would be better honestly. Relationships don't need to be so difficult. If it's the same problems occurring over and over again it sounds like you need to face that you just aren't suited for each other.
Thanks, sinfonietta
Original post by sinfonietta
She's being unreasonable. If you want to stay together you could suggest arranging something for after the exams. But it sounds like breaking up would be better honestly. Relationships don't need to be so difficult. If it's the same problems occurring over and over again it sounds like you need to face that you just aren't suited for each other.
Original post by annonymous1984

You are in the right (I'm not just saying that) and a good compromise would be to celebrate her birthday the weekend after your exams. If she can't see the sense in that, she's the selfish one and her calling you selfish is something called projection
She is unreasonable. tell her that how much this exam means to you and possibly do things with her a day after her birthday, if she's still mad, best to dump her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending