The Student Room Group

Am I on track to getting my desired GCSE grades?

Just got my year 10 mock exams back. Want to know if I'm on the right track to getting my desired grades.

Biology - 6
Physics - 6
Chemistry - 8
Maths - 8
RS - 8
Geography - 7
Computing - 7
German - 6
English Lang - 6

What i want at GCSE:

Biology - 9
Physics - 9
Chemistry - 9
Maths - 9
RS - 9
Geography - 9
Computing - 9
German - 8
English Lang - 8
Reply 1
Ask your teachers. Different schools mark very differently.
You have done well in your mocks! well done!
I think your very ambitious with your hopes for your GCSE grades.
For your science subjects I think your on track, I remember getting grade 5's and 6's during year 10 biology however at the end I achieved a 9, so I think the science subjects are easier to improve in.
The english and humanities subjects are quite difficult to improve in (from personal experience) just because it's not really one of those subjects where revising can improve your grade. However, practice makes perfect, so keep on writing essays and doing mock papers whenever you can!
Also, bear in mind a grade 9 is very difficult to achieve and is only for the top 1% of the country (or something like )that so don't be discouraged by 7's or 8's, they're still good!
You have a whole year to improve so don't worry too much!
Best of luck with your GCSE's!
Original post by triviaking
Just got my year 10 mock exams back. Want to know if I'm on the right track to getting my desired grades.

Biology - 6
Physics - 6
Chemistry - 8
Maths - 8
RS - 8
Geography - 7
Computing - 7
German - 6
English Lang - 6

What i want at GCSE:

Biology - 9
Physics - 9
Chemistry - 9
Maths - 9
RS - 9
Geography - 9
Computing - 9
German - 8
English Lang - 8
Just do the work and you get the grades its that easy as that. (not easy at all)
Reply 4
Im predicted all 8s and 9s so yeah i think im pretty capable, although it will be a lot of work!
Original post by wavines.s
You have done well in your mocks! well done!
I think your very ambitious with your hopes for your GCSE grades.
For your science subjects I think your on track, I remember getting grade 5's and 6's during year 10 biology however at the end I achieved a 9, so I think the science subjects are easier to improve in.
The english and humanities subjects are quite difficult to improve in (from personal experience) just because it's not really one of those subjects where revising can improve your grade. However, practice makes perfect, so keep on writing essays and doing mock papers whenever you can!
Also, bear in mind a grade 9 is very difficult to achieve and is only for the top 1% of the country (or something like )that so don't be discouraged by 7's or 8's, they're still good!
You have a whole year to improve so don't worry too much!
Best of luck with your GCSE's!

Quick Reply

Latest