The Student Room Group

Extra curricular activities

Throughout year 12, I've applied to many extra summer courses such as UNIQ, Sutton Trust, UCL and Imperial's Golobal Summer school. Yet, for all of them, I have been rejected. I'm very worried about the obstacles I might face when doing my uni applications. All I have for the summer is an EPQ based on bio-engineering and NEA (Non-exam assessment) for computer science. I'm really desperate in finding work experience to do with medical physics and engineering (mechanical or electrical) for this summer but i'm running out of time. Any advice to what I should do this summer to boost my university application? Thank you.
Original post by issamoonz
Throughout year 12, I've applied to many extra summer courses such as UNIQ, Sutton Trust, UCL and Imperial's Golobal Summer school. Yet, for all of them, I have been rejected. I'm very worried about the obstacles I might face when doing my uni applications. All I have for the summer is an EPQ based on bio-engineering and NEA (Non-exam assessment) for computer science. I'm really desperate in finding work experience to do with medical physics and engineering (mechanical or electrical) for this summer but i'm running out of time. Any advice to what I should do this summer to boost my university application? Thank you.

Focus on your grades, because that's what actually gets you admitted to engineering courses. Extra curricular activities aren't important. Super-curricular activities, like work experience, can be generally useful, but I don't think I have seen any examples of notably lowered offers to those with them. Engineering courses have high offer rates and suitably qualified candidates do not struggle to receive offers.

Quick Reply

Latest