The Student Room Group

Easiest way to trigger a TSR user?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harrysbar
I haven't heard anyone on TSR say that Oxbridge is the best place to study every degree

Far too many posters recommend it blindly for degrees like Engineering and medicine ....
Original post by Muttley79
Far too many posters recommend it blindly for degrees like Engineering and medicine ....

Isn't Cambridge excellent for Engineering?

And what's wrong with people choosing to go there for medicine if they want the Oxbridge experience? I thought you couldn't really go wrong with where you studied it so it's just personal preferance for people who are fortunate enough to be able to get multiple offers
Make fun of people who use TSR duhh 🤣
Say that Israel is a thriving democracy with a wonderful human rights record
oxbridge is overrated
Reply 45
Deny exam leaks
grammar correction

And what's wrong with people choosing to go there for medicine if they want the Oxbridge experience? I thought you couldn't really go wrong with where you studied it so it's just personal preferance for people who are fortunate enough to be able to get multiple offers

No Cambrigde's Engineering degree does not offer industry experience and its content is not geared to industry requirements. My best students don't apply there now ...

Some Medicine courses prepare you much better for dealing with people/colleagues ... not seeing patients for several years is not really a good preparation.

Oxbridge ain't the best for everything.
Tell them about their account being deleted.
Please edit - I've never said that and it's way off topic
Having a political stance other than left.
No Cambrigde's Engineering degree does not offer industry experience and its content is not geared to industry requirements. My best students don't apply there now ...

Where do your "best students" apply to study engineering (if not the best university in the world)?
Original post by Palmyra
Where do your "best students" apply to study engineering (if not the best university in the world)?

Muttley is versed in engineering apps, law, geography, philosophy underpinning Nordic mythology. You dare not disagree with her.
Original post by Palmyra

That's three people triggered. A university with a year in industry - simples. They get jobs ahead of Oxbridge grads as they have experience.
(edited 4 years ago)
That's three people triggered. A university with a year in industry - simples.

Your "best" prefer to attend Aston University to Cambridge because the former offers a placement year and is thus clearly superior to the latter...?
Being so passionate about something that in real life nobody really cares about.
Original post by Palmyra
Your "best" prefer to attend Aston University to Cambridge because the former offers a placement year and is thus clearly superior to the latter...?

Not Aston but others - if Cambridge is so good at producing engineers then, in my opinion, it really should do better at Formula Student.

"Formula Student (FS) is Europe's most established educational engineering competition and celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2018. Backed by industry and high-profile engineers such Patron, Ross Brawn OBE, the competition aims to develop enterprising and innovative young engineers and encourage more young people to take up a career in engineering.

The project usually forms part of a degree-level project and is viewed by the motorsport industry as the standard for engineering graduates to meet, transitioning them from university to the workplace. It is a kite-mark for real-world engineering experience, combining practical engineering experience with soft skills including business planning and project management."
Make a thread or statement on Islam being a load of shite
Reply 59
Original post by Fermion.
Make a thread or statement on Islam being a load of shite

works both ways.

Quick Reply

Latest