The Student Room Group

What are the benefits of joining the Conservative party?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxlaila03xx
No **** Sherlock

It is funny also that the more sophisticated users of this site seem to be Tories. The ones guffawing at the idea that someone might be a Tory supporter ... well, they're 15 and don't know what GDP stands for.
I'm 16
And Gross Domestic Product

I hate all the political parties in the UK, they're all worse than each other
Original post by Notoriety
It is funny also that the more sophisticated users of this site seem to be Tories. The ones guffawing at the idea that someone might be a Tory supporter ... well, they're 15 and don't know what GDP stands for.
What?
I was just replying to what you said.
I don't care what you think about politicians. This thread is about OP.

spat out my tea :rofl:
Wow, there are so many Reds here.

Well I'm 48 and sophisticated as ****, I also remember what GDR means but the thought of becoming a member of the conservative party appalls me.
Original post by ColinDent
Well I'm 48 and sophisticated as ****, I also remember what GDR means but the thought of becoming a member of the conservative party appalls me.

What appals you about the prospect?
Reply 27
So to clarify, there are no drawbacks of a student membership vs a regular one?
Original post by Rakas21
The student membership is actually until 23 I think.

Essentially though you get access to any event or conference around the country (you can only vote for stuff in your local association) of which there are a lot. If your under 30 you also get access to any COnservative Future event which are more akin to your standard nights out normally. You can also be a local election candidate easily.
You get to join a party committed to eliminating the structural deficit by 2015... Oops. Well, at least a party committed to attaining a budget surplus by 2020... Oops. Well, committed to attaining a surplus by 2023? Oops again...

Damaging incompetence in recent years aside, you get to join a party with a proud heritage of racist 'Labour neighbour' ("if you want a n***** for a neighbour, vote Labour") posters and slogans that the Tory candidate Mr Griffiths refused to condemn and which got him elected.

So many reasons to choose from!
Original post by Rakas21
What appals you about the prospect?

Being associated with their policies
Reply 30
I’ve officially joined.

Will provide a reflective account at some point in the near future.
Reply 31
Oh cool, I joined today as well :woo:
Original post by Fruli
I’ve officially joined.

Will provide a reflective account at some point in the near future.
Original post by ColinDent

Sophisticated as **** and yet misspells appals. OK.
Show the membership card to females, always results in them falling for you. Biggest benefit of membership.
Sophisticated as **** and yet misspells appals. OK.

I assume that you didn't note the sarcasm within the statement.
Reply 35
Excellent!
Original post by The Mogg
Oh cool, I joined today as well :woo:
Reply 36
I’m female.

Does it work the other way round?
Original post by LibertarianMP
Show the membership card to females, always results in them falling for you. Biggest benefit of membership.
You can vote in the leadership election. Probably a bit late for this one.
Original post by avacados1234
What to expect:
Watered down Tommy Robinson’s🤔

As opposed to antisemites, Trotskyists and IRA lovers?
Original post by SIR Model
As opposed to antisemites, Trotskyists and IRA lovers?

Oh yh because if ur not for the tories, you HAVE to be supporting labour. Very mature thinking🤭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending