The Student Room Group

Saying no is not disrespectful

I’ve seen so many threads on here by people claiming that there being ‘disrespected’ or treated badly by women, purely because women refused or ignored their advances. Saying no isn’t an insult.

Women, saying no is not ‘rude’. If a guy acts like your being rude for saying no or just ignoring him when u feel u are in an unsafe situation, then run. U owe him nothing. Not a smile, not a hello, not a conversation, definitely not a relationship. Your safety and comfort comes FIRST.

Scroll to see replies

Yeah some guys need to realise that they don't have a right to be with a girl just like that and some guys think they can take any girl they choose
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve seen so many threads on here by people claiming that there being ‘disrespected’ or treated badly by women, purely because women refused or ignored their advances. Saying no isn’t an insult.

Women, saying no is not ‘rude’. If a guy acts like your being rude for saying no or just ignoring him when u feel u are in an unsafe situation, then run. U owe him nothing. Not a smile, not a hello, not a conversation, definitely not a relationship. Your safety and comfort comes FIRST.

Depends on how you say no though. Yes, women don't owe any man anything but there should be decency and politeness. If a man respects you when trying to befriend you, there is no need to return his politeness with rudeness.
Reply 3
Original post by Rock Fan
Yeah some guys need to realise that they don't have a right to be with a girl just like that and some guys think they can take any girl they choose

It’s such a problem on TSR of people thinking their owed women’s attention, and that each women is personally insulting them for saying no.
Reply 4
Original post by Wired_1800
Depends on how you say no though. Yes, women don't owe any man anything but there should be decency and politeness. If a man respects you when trying to befriend you, there is no need to return his politeness with rudeness.

I’m sorry, but where on this post does it say ‘it’s okay to be rude to men girls’
There is nothing wrong with saying no or just straight out ignoring a guy. Safety first
I agree there is no need for a woman to be rude but some guys fly off the handle even if told politely no
People need to get their **** together because nobody owes anybody anything. Rejection is a part of life.
I’m sorry, but where on this post does it say ‘it’s okay to be rude to men girls’
There is nothing wrong with saying no or just straight out ignoring a guy. Safety first

I have no issue with your point on saying No. i agree with you. I was pointing out that there is a way to say “No”.

For example, if a lad walks up politely to speak to a girl and get her number, she is within her rights to say No. however if she then gets rude and starts insulting the lad, then it is a no no.
Reply 8
I have no issue with your point on saying No. i agree with you. I was pointing out that there is a way to say “No”.

For example, if a lad walks up politely to speak to a girl and get her number, she is within her rights to say No. however if she then gets rude and starts insulting the lad, then it is a no no.

Nobody here on this thread said to insult guys. I don’t know why ur mentioning it 😂
Nobody here on this thread said to insult guys. I don’t know why ur mentioning it 😂

In your first post, you mentioned that saying no is not rude. I agree with that. MY point is that there is a way to say no that comes across as being rude. Some guys will take it as an insult if a girl says no in a rude way. That is my point.
In your first post, you mentioned that saying no is not rude. I agree with that. MY point is that there is a way to say no that comes across as being rude. Some guys will take it as an insult if a girl says no in a rude way. That is my point.

I still don’t get why ur mentioning it. Nobody on this thread mentioned insulting guys. Nobody here thinks it’s ok to insult men
I still don’t get why ur mentioning it. Nobody on this thread mentioned insulting guys. Nobody here thinks it’s ok to insult men

You don't seem to grasp what I am saying, but it is fine.

I am trying to explain to you that a woman can say No, but a man can take it as an insult. I am not talking about women insulting men. I am saying that some men might take rejection as an insult.

Do you understand now?
You don't seem to grasp what I am saying, but it is fine.

I am trying to explain to you that a woman can say No, but a man can take it as an insult. I am not talking about women insulting men. I am saying that some men might take rejection as an insult.

Do you understand now?

Hey, I’m sure you didn’t mean to, but ur coming across as a little condescending. Just because I disagree with what ur posting doesn’t mean that I don’t understand it, or that I’m failing to ‘grasp’ what your saying. I understood u perfectly the first time round. 😊
This was a thread made to encourage women that it’s ok to say no, and to prioritise their safety above the feelings of men. If u don’t want to be part of that, please don’t comment again. Best wishes
Where did he come off as condescending
He's just trying to explain his viewpoint and you're refusing to understand?
What did he say wrong
Hey, I’m sure you didn’t mean to, but ur coming across as a little condescending. Just because I disagree with what ur posting doesn’t mean that I don’t understand it, or that I’m failing to ‘grasp’ what your saying. I understood u perfectly the first time round. 😊
This was a thread made to encourage women that it’s ok to say no, and to prioritise their safety above the feelings of men. If u don’t want to be part of that, please don’t comment again. Best wishes

So you understood but then pretended like you had no clue what I was talking about.

I think you are doing many women a disservice by telling them they can say no, but not informing them of how to protect themselves from any potential fallouts.

As I previously stated, women should feel the strength to say No and should not allow any man to treat them with disrespect. However, to be extra safe, women should be tactful when in contact with certain men, who might take their rejection as an insult.
So you understood but then pretended like you had no clue what I was talking about.

I think you are doing many women a disservice by telling them they can say no, but not informing them of how to protect themselves from any potential fallouts.

As I previously stated, women should feel the strength to say No and should not allow any man to treat them with disrespect. However, to be extra safe, women should be tactful when in contact with certain men, who might take their rejection as an insult.

😂😂😂 I’m doing a disservice to women by telling them that they’re not being disrespectful or rude for saying no.

Are u an incel or MGTOW?
😂😂😂 I’m doing a disservice to women by telling them that they’re not being disrespectful or rude for saying no.

Are u an incel or MGTOW?

Lol, I am actually neither.
(edited 4 years ago)
Lol, I am actually neither.

Good for you. I’m glad of that at least, so many of them on here and they drive me nuts
I'll try telling that to the government who I owe thousands to lol
Original post by Fermion.
People need to get their **** together because nobody owes anybody anything. Rejection is a part of life.
Good for you. I’m glad of that at least, so many of them on here and they drive me nuts

Just ignore them. Some of them are frustrated and not evil.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending