The Student Room Group

International Law LLM at Durham University

Hi,

Anyone going to be starting the International Law LLM and Durham in September-October this year?

Also, a lot of the interesting modules don't seem to be running this year (2018-19). Does anyone know if they will be running next year?
No one will know. Chances are that something similar to last year's will be running in the coming academic year. I recall that Durham's LLM (and LLB) is quite bad for hyping up the range of modules on offer, when really a lot of them haven't run for years and have little prospect of running.

What modules are you interested in?
Reply 2
Original post by Notoriety
No one will know. Chances are that something similar to last year's will be running in the coming academic year. I recall that Durham's LLM (and LLB) is quite bad for hyping up the range of modules on offer, when really a lot of them haven't run for years and have little prospect of running.

What modules are you interested in?

Hi, thanks for the response. I was interested in the international humanitarian law and the counter-terrorism modules. The latter is something i wrote my LLB dissertation on and I found it extremely interesting, and current.

Its a shame that the modules on offer are quite limited, despite the amount that are listed on their website.
Is there any way to find out what all modules will be available in 2019? I am sure its not tough to inform the students before hand.
Original post by Blackumbrella
Is there any way to find out what all modules will be available in 2019? I am sure its not tough to inform the students before hand.

Manually check.

https://www.dur.ac.uk/postgraduate.modules/module_search/?year=2019&search_keyword=&search_dept=LAW&search_type=&search_l=&search_credits=&search_modcode=

Find the ones you fancy on there. Click on them and it'll tell you if they're available for 2019/20.
Hi,

I'm considering accepting an offer for International Law & Governance LLM, but I'm very disappointed with the poor module choice this year, I was really looking forward to the Law of the Sea :frown: On their website it says you can choose a module worth 30 credits from another board of studies, and I'm definitely gonna go for it and pick something from the International Relations course. Also, I find the Applied Research Methonds in Law quite helpful in terms of dissertation prep, as in my LLB I wasn't required to write one. Hope that helps!
Original post by joanna.grg
Hi,

I'm considering accepting an offer for International Law & Governance LLM, but I'm very disappointed with the poor module choice this year, I was really looking forward to the Law of the Sea :frown: On their website it says you can choose a module worth 30 credits from another board of studies, and I'm definitely gonna go for it and pick something from the International Relations course. Also, I find the Applied Research Methonds in Law quite helpful in terms of dissertation prep, as in my LLB I wasn't required to write one. Hope that helps!

Do law of the sea as part of your LLM disso?
That’s the plan, yeah. My other concern is that it’s a bit late now, almost the end of July now, so what if I accept the offer but there’s no PG college accommodation left?
Original post by Notoriety
Do law of the sea as part of your LLM disso?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending