The Student Room Group

Year 11 GCSES

What is year 11 acutally like?
Year 11 is definitely way more stressful that Year 10 considering you’ll probably have two sets of mocks in November/ December and February/ March (unless your school does it differently). And teachers will keep reminding you that exams are in this many months or that many weeks which is nerve wracking when you get reminded constantly.
As long as you listen in class, ask questions and make revision materials throughout the year rather than cramming it all in a week it should be fine. Just plan out revision and breaks and it should make yr 11 easier for you.
But also remember to have fun because it is your last year of secondary so don’t ignore social times just for revision, have a balance
Original post by S_x_m_x
What is year 11 acutally like?

You are going to miss the easy fun times of Year 11 so try enjoy and make the best of our time and dont stress out:smile:
Reply 3
Honestly, year 11 isn’t as bad as people make it out to be. As long as you keep on top of all of the homework and revision set by your teachers, you’ll do fine. I started properly revising around February half term, but had been doing small amounts since October, so it didn’t feel like too much of a stress.
Enjoy yourself, spend time with your friends and family, and remember that you and your mental health is way more important than GCSEs. So many people in my year let it get to them, and I watched good friends go slowly downhill. If you’re struggling with literally anything, academic or not, talk to someone.
Good luck, you’ll surprise yourself with how quickly it goes btw!
Reply 4
Original post by bleh_bleh
Year 11 is definitely way more stressful that Year 10 considering you’ll probably have two sets of mocks in November/ December and February/ March (unless your school does it differently). And teachers will keep reminding you that exams are in this many months or that many weeks which is nerve wracking when you get reminded constantly.
As long as you listen in class, ask questions and make revision materials throughout the year rather than cramming it all in a week it should be fine. Just plan out revision and breaks and it should make yr 11 easier for you.
But also remember to have fun because it is your last year of secondary so don’t ignore social times just for revision, have a balance

Thank you. I'm gonna fail this year
Reply 5
Original post by AstarforEPQ
You are going to miss the easy fun times of Year 11 so try enjoy and make the best of our time and dont stress out:smile:

Ok thank you. I am already stressing out about it
Reply 6
Original post by alice03x
Honestly, year 11 isn’t as bad as people make it out to be. As long as you keep on top of all of the homework and revision set by your teachers, you’ll do fine. I started properly revising around February half term, but had been doing small amounts since October, so it didn’t feel like too much of a stress.
Enjoy yourself, spend time with your friends and family, and remember that you and your mental health is way more important than GCSEs. So many people in my year let it get to them, and I watched good friends go slowly downhill. If you’re struggling with literally anything, academic or not, talk to someone.
Good luck, you’ll surprise yourself with how quickly it goes btw!

Aww thank you. I bet I'm going to do really bad
Original post by S_x_m_x
Thank you. I'm gonna fail this year

You won’t fail as long as you keep revising. Try your best on your mocks in Nov/Dec to see where you need to focus revision on and then plan your time accordingly. I know it feels like you’re gonna fail but trust me when I say you won’t as long as you want to pass and get good grades. You still have 9 more months until next year May which is plenty of time to revise old content and learn new content.
Reply 8
You won’t fail as long as you keep revising. Try your best on your mocks in Nov/Dec to see where you need to focus revision on and then plan your time accordingly. I know it feels like you’re gonna fail but trust me when I say you won’t as long as you want to pass and get good grades. You still have 9 more months until next year May which is plenty of time to revise old content and learn new content.

Thank you. Are you going into college in September?
Original post by S_x_m_x
Thank you. Are you going into college in September?

Yepp I am
Reply 10
Yepp I am

What have you picked
Original post by S_x_m_x
What have you picked

I’ve chosen maths, geography and RS but I’m probably gonna change them on results day depending on my grades.
Reply 12
I’ve chosen maths, geography and RS but I’m probably gonna change them on results day depending on my grades.

That's a good variety
ngl y11 was probably the best year for me..like apart from all the stress and breakdowns of gcses, looking back it was really fun
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest