Same,
Bloody
Hate
It
When
That
Happens
Original post by theeetimdoherty
All these Brexiteers who have spent the last 3 years crying that to ignore the EU referendum is undemocratic are the first to support Boris Johnson's plan to bypass Parliament to implement his own Brexit agenda. Complete and utter hypocrites.

What are you on about? The Parliament have sworn to deny the will of the people so Johnson is going for the will of the people.
(edited 4 years ago)
The EU is more democratic than the UK.

You must be kidding. Sources please.
The EU is more democratic than the UK.

It's not like Donald Tusk said they're a special place in hell for Brexiteers. So democratic!
Original post by Wired_1800
What are you on about? The Parliament have sworn to deny the will of the people so Johnson is going for the will of the people.

Totally agree with you. A no deal Brexit is nowhere near as bad as people say. We're survived worse as a country. It will be nothing more than a inconvenience.
Original post by MajorKong
You must be kidding. Sources please.

Okay I'll go through it with you. At the voting level, MEPs are elected through proportional representation - instantly more democratic than the UK's FPP system. They sit in the European Parliament - a democratic institution. Then, the effective head of state of the EU is the European Council - that's got equal representation amongst each member state, which is democratic in the sense that it doesn't allow the few larger states to dominate over the rest. Each member here is democraticslly-elected in their own state - this also applies to the European Commission.

The UK doesn't even elect it's head of state and has an upper chamber of Parliament that literally designates seats to bishops and anyone on the Prime Minister's good list, These are major flaws in a democracy.
Okay I'll go through it with you. At the voting level, MEPs are elected through proportional representation - instantly more democratic than the UK's FPP system. They sit in the European Parliament - a democratic institution. Then, the effective head of state of the EU is the European Council - that's got equal representation amongst each member state, which is democratic in the sense that it doesn't allow the few larger states to dominate over the rest. Each member here is democraticslly-elected in their own state - this also applies to the European Commission.

The UK doesn't even elect it's head of state and has an upper chamber of Parliament that literally designates seats to bishops and anyone on the Prime Minister's good list, These are major flaws in a democracy.

It's a bureaucracy. It literally ignores elections that go against them. Also, the House of Commons is democratically decided too.
Totally agree with you. A no deal Brexit is nowhere near as bad as people say. We're survived worse as a country. It will be nothing more than a inconvenience.

Nobody really knows what will happen in the future. People are predicting doom like the EU is the only continent on the planet. It is funny how many countries are looking to Asia for growth and trade whilst some people are trying hard to focus on a crumbling bloc.
Do remain voters aspire to Ursula von der Leyen ideology? Do they even know how she was elected?
Respect for elders is also a thing we've forgotten. All of this: Do the vote again, because the Brexiteers probably dead; is just horrible and nasty.

So what is it? Are you older or 16? I respect elders but not people who demand respect.
Original post by The Mogg
Anything wrong with being a 16 year old conservative?

Nah, i just doubt this particular guy. Plus thinking that young people are snowflakes, classic ignorant view.
Original post by Professional G
So what is it? Are you older or 16? I respect elders but not people who demand respect.

Nah, i just doubt this particular guy. Plus thinking that young people are snowflakes, classic ignorant view.

I'm 16. Why do you doubt this?
Not sure how they're hypocrites we the people voted to leave EU and haven't because they have sabotaged Brexit and made Britain look incredibly weak
Original post by LiberOfLondon
> Create thread in TSR's most popular political forum
> Give it an inflammatory title
> Call a majority of the electorate hypocrites and morons

”Light the blue touch paper, stand well back and watch the fireworks” eh lads?

I don't see why everyone thinks that millions of people can't be morons.Just because you don't like the idea doesn't make it untrue.In fact all the evidence suggests the opposite.If the majority of people were smart then the world would be a much better place.

Jean-Claude Juncker once said: “There can be no democratic choice against the European treaties.”
Reply 34
Please stop with the THEY VOTED FOR BREXIT BECAUSE THEY HATE IMMIGRANTS!!!11!!!11!!!1!!

That's not why they voted for Brexit. They voted for it because they grew enough of being ruled by a undemocratic bureaucracy in Brussels for 40 years.

I'm mildly confused as to how you can attempt to deny a hell of a lot of people voted for it because they hate immigrants when that was one of the salient planks of the campaign... so called uncontrolled immigration.
Reply 35
It's not like Donald Tusk said they're a special place in hell for Brexiteers. So democratic!

It's not like Brexiteers have called europeans fascists, nazis etc. ? :rolleyes:
Original post by Napp
It's not like Brexiteers have called europeans fascists, nazis etc. ? :rolleyes:

[citation needed]
Reply 37
[citation needed]

I will refer you to our supreme leaders previous comments on the matter. Never mind those of Farage and his ilk.
Original post by Napp
I will refer you to our supreme leaders previous comments on the matter. Never mind those of Farage and his ilk.

Kim Jong-Un is a Brexiteer?
Reply 39
Kim Jong-Un is a Brexiteer?

I wouldnt completely rule it out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending