The Student Room Group

America Ignored- How Trumps ham-fisted diplomacy is ruining Americas intl credibility

An interesting read for anyone interested in geo-politics. A well put article on how primarily, if not unilaterally, under Trumps bipolar foreign policy decision he has done a masterful job of telling other countries that they can, and indeed should, ignore the US on any and all matters.

Thoughts on this piece?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/08/09/america-ignored-trump-mediate-kashmir-dispute/
Reply 1
You and your conspiracy theories... Yawn.
Reply 2
Original post by z-hog
You and your conspiracy theories... Yawn.

Lol :lol: Whilst im flattered you think i wrote the article perhaps you should read it before making an asinine comment?
Reply 3
Original post by Napp
Lol :lol: Whilst im flattered you think i wrote the article perhaps you should read it before making an asinine comment?

You know better than that... He hates things that don't conform to his own narrow and unfounded world view, ironically dismissing stories as conspiracy theories when 99% of what he peddles is identical in content, just from the opposite side.
Reply 4
Original post by Napp

I had a look, it's just waffle on how bad for the world Trump is. They're a penny a dozen and of no consequence to anything, of interest only to Trumpophobes and nobody else. Yeah, countries are beginning to look at the US in a funny way, whatever that could possibly mean if it meant anything at all.
Reply 5
Original post by z-hog
I had a look, it's just waffle on how bad for the world Trump is. They're a penny a dozen and of no consequence to anything, of interest only to Trumpophobes and nobody else. Yeah, countries are beginning to look at the US in a funny way, whatever that could possibly mean if it meant anything at all.

Okay let me break this down for you
Expert on foreign affairs > your opinion...
Reply 6
Original post by z-hog
Yeah, countries are beginning to look at the US in a funny way, whatever that could possibly mean if it meant anything at all.

It means there's a knock on effect for people doing deals with them, not knowing who to talk to, not knowing if those deals will be honoured, not knowing who or even if to trust.

Yes, you might think that's fine in the world of trade - and there are reasons why that could be a good thing (and reasons why not) - but it has a wider effect than just trade. Security relationships are threatened by this, and that could spell problems for lots of people.

Does any of this mean definitively one thing or another? No. It's not black and white. But the shade of grey is getting murkier and that's no good for anyone, no matter what side of the political spectrum you're on.
Do you ever post on anything else?
You're like an obsessive ex.
I think you may have secret soft spot for the Donald. 🤗
Reply 8
They'll snigger at trump with one hand and take charity in the form of military funding in the other. Who cares about what they have to say?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending