The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scared and worried.

I have got onto Optometry, my friends who wanted to do Optometry have now changed their minds and now want to do Audiology or Biomedical science.
They say Optometry will be difficult.
This has really scared me. I have always wanted to do Optometry and I understand nothing in life is easy I just hope that Optometry is for me!! :frown:
As I've always been passionate about it!
Original post by Anonymous
I have got onto Optometry, my friends who wanted to do Optometry have now changed their minds and now want to do Audiology or Biomedical science.
This has really scared me. I have always wanted to do Optometry and I understand nothing in life is easy I just hope that Optometry is for me!! :frown:

just because something is difficult doesn't mean it won't be worth it, give it ago.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Make sure you have researched all the options, and you sound really into the course. Don't follow people for the sake of it. If you really enjoy it and most of all, work hard, am sure you will go far :smile:
Reply 3

You have obviously put plenty of thought into your career choice. Do not doubt yourself now. They are obviously not in the same boat as are changing their minds at the last minute. Celebrate your results in the knowledge that you will be doing something you have a passion for. Priceless!
Reply 4
Thank you ever since primary school I have been intrigued with Optometry!
Its just that now that I know I'm going to start it, I'm worried that i may not do well!

But I hope I'm capable of doing well on it!

Thank you all x

Please don’t worry,

If you have a passion for Optometry I’m sure you’ll excel. All of our courses are designed to bring you up to speed in the first year. So there’s no trial by fire. Is there anything you wanted to ask?

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest