The Student Room Group

Formal complaint

I am a EU student doing an MSc at a Russell University. I am considering a formal complaint because I applied for a PhD and I was never called to pass through the formal interview process etc. I decided to check on the status of the application three months later and I was told that the funding for the project was given to someone else. I got mad because they did not specify why I was the only applicant to not get a response on time. I mean the successful applicant did not have any problems going through the formal process for selection. I have not fully understood who was responsivble for the mistake:the supervising professor, the student services or someone else. I intend to drag the matter to the highest authority if necessary to demand a repeat of the formal process. What are your thoughts on the matter?
Original post by Positive Thinker
I am a EU student doing an MSc at a Russell University. I am considering a formal complaint because I applied for a PhD and I was never called to pass through the formal interview process etc. I decided to check on the status of the application three months later and I was told that the funding for the project was given to someone else. I got mad because they did not specify why I was the only applicant to not get a response on time. I mean the successful applicant did not have any problems going through the formal process for selection. I have not fully understood who was responsivble for the mistake:the supervising professor, the student services or someone else. I intend to drag the matter to the highest authority if necessary to demand a repeat of the formal process. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Talk to student adviser at su.
Learn the formal complaint procedure.
Collect evidence and prepare.
Yes it seems you have a reason to complain.
Not sure they will repeat process and take it away if its been awarded and started.
Better hurry up.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
is it a guarantee that you get an interview?
Original post by Positive Thinker

So you submitted your application and then waited but got no communication? It sounds like you were simply unsuccessful at progressing any further in the application process. Not every applicant gets an interview.

How do you know that you were the only applicant not contacted?

Didn't you think that after 3 months the funding was bound to have gone to someone else by then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending