The Student Room Group

I need advice

I am A 17 yo female, born in the UK, I attend 6th form. I suffer from servere anxiety and low mood which I take antidepressants and beta blockers for. I'm also in the process of attending CBT. This anxiety has stopped me from getting a part time job and I fear for getting a job in the future. Is there any sort of financial help I could get to help my living? I'm not sure whether I qualify for anything.
Please help :biggrin:
If you have proof of your mental health issues I’m sure you qualify for unemployment benefits
Don't be scared to try to qualify for something you're interested in. Applying for the job won't hurt.
Reply 3
Original post by Livvyblah
I am A 17 yo female, born in the UK, I attend 6th form. I suffer from servere anxiety and low mood which I take antidepressants and beta blockers for. I'm also in the process of attending CBT. This anxiety has stopped me from getting a part time job and I fear for getting a job in the future. Is there any sort of financial help I could get to help my living? I'm not sure whether I qualify for anything.
Please help :biggrin:

You probably would. But first things first: how long have you been on this medication and what triggered your anxiety in the first place? You really should be atrending regular therapy classes with a view to grsduslly comung off the medication and getting your life back on track. Then you can start looking for a job. Meanwhile, you can also look at boosting your skills in prep for the time that you start applying for jobs.
You are only 17.
Do you study in high school or university? Which grade?

Don`t your parents afford you?
Reply 5
For anyone in your position or similar I'd always suggest going to your local Citizens Advice Bureau to have a quick benefits check done. It's always completely confidential (and free!). A likely benefit could be Personal Independence Payment, which sounds like it's designed for your type of situation, though obviously there will be eligibility criteria that you'll need to meet (including being over 16, which you clearly are). Good luck!
Hi, go to your local citizen advice council department and contact them directly with your medical prescriptions and they might help you, meanwhile continue doing a part-time job to get some funding.
Reply 7
Just to be clear, each local Citizens Advice Bureau is a separate charity and nothing at all to do with the council, or any council department, and it's all confidential so there's no problem telling them things even if you don't necessarily want anyone else (even the council!) to know.
Original post by ShaunT
Just to be clear, each local Citizens Advice Bureau is a separate charity and nothing at all to do with the council, or any council department, and it's all confidential so there's no problem telling them things even if you don't necessarily want anyone else (even the council!) to know.

Hi, Thanks for clarifying the statement.
Reply 9
Original post by jamespeter2296
Hi, Thanks for clarifying the statement.

You're welcome! It's a popular misunderstanding amongst our CAB clients, who are often relieved to have it clarified.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending