The Student Room Group

Do you know who your MP is?

Do you know your own MP?
Did you vote for him/her in the last election?

Have you ever spoken to him/her in person or by email? More importantly did he/she reply?

Scroll to see replies

Yes to the first question, no to the rest?
Yes, yes, yes and yes I'm campaigned with her.

But I won't be again
Nope nope and nope
Reply 4
I voted in my parents constituency (Batley and Spen) in 2010 and 2015 and at my former constituency (Huddersfield) in 2017. Voted Tory each time but both constituencies are Labour (if the Tories deliver Brexit then Batley and Spen could be won though).

I currently live in the Leeds West constituency and my MP is Rachael Reeves. I will be voting Tory should the government be betrayed in September.
Original post by DraconisAudiat
Do you know your own MP?
Did you vote for him/her in the last election?

Have you ever spoken to him/her in person or by email? More importantly did he/she reply?

Yes, no, yes, yes and no (emailed twice, replied once)
Mines part of the independent group
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Mines part of the independent group

The next constituency to mine is. :yes:

Holy macaroni. What a shambles of a party.
(edited 4 years ago)
Nay
Nay
Nay
And nay.
Original post by RazzzBerries
Same.

Holy macaroni. What a shambles of a party.

Idk what our constitunecy is represented as now :lol:
Mine is conservative.
He voted to Remain in the EU but now he's terrified of going against the party line and he's completely flipped to supporting No Deal Brexit.

I've emailed him to ask him to reconsider and he just copy-and-pastes a paragraph about "the will of the people".
Reply 11
Unfortunately yes but no i have never voted for him. The man is a waste of oxygen and a spineless jellyfish. The letter he sent to a relative of mine when they asked about his position on various brexit scenarios was a disgraceful flipflop.
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Idk what our constitunecy is represented as now :lol:

If it’s a Change UK MP then Penistone will go Tory, the other 4 probably go Labour.
Original post by DraconisAudiat
Mine is conservative.
He voted to Remain in the EU but now he's terrified of going against the party line and he's completely flipped to supporting No Deal Brexit.

I've emailed him to ask him to reconsider and he just copy-and-pastes a paragraph about "the will of the people".

Not a shock. We saw in May what happened when we failed to deliver Brexit (1300 council seat losses and our worst ever election performance) and to be honest it has scared the crap out of Tory MP’s.

When you have a Labour Party who will oppose May’s deal even though it’s almost exactly what they want, Tory MP’s had nowhere to turn but Boris.

You might look down on your MP for surrendering to No Deal but your MP can’t help his constituents if he’s booted out at the next election because half the Tory vote goes Brx Party and let’s the Comrade in.
I think it’s Mick Antoniw (?). He came to my primary school in Year 6
Yes.
Yes.
No.
N/A.
Yes, she's a Labour MP. Backbencher. Brexiteer. Campaigned with Nigel Farage.

No, I'm underage

No

No
(edited 4 years ago)
Yes, I know who he is. No, I'm not eligible to vote. No, I have never interacted with him.
My MP is Paul Scully (Tory). Now I generally align myself more with the Tories than any other party, but I have to say he's the biggest idiot I've ever met. He has no idea what he stands for, he can't articulate his policies at all and he avoids questions a lot more than the average politician.

Here's one of his most shining intellectual moments:

Me: "So what faction of the party do you say you align yourself with more? Are you a Thatcherite, a Christian Conservative, Liberal, One Nation?"

Him: "I'm a Thatcherite through and through, I believe that the government should step out of our lives and the economy.. but we need to increase the social welfare net drastically to protect everyone in society and ensure that the government increases funding to public services too."

Huh??
Original post by _polaroid
My MP is Paul Scully (Tory). Now I generally align myself more with the Tories than any other party, but I have to say he's the biggest idiot I've ever met. He has no idea what he stands for, he can't articulate his policies at all and he avoids questions a lot more than the average politician.

Here's one of his most shining intellectual moments:

Me: "So what faction of the party do you say you align yourself with more? Are you a Thatcherite, a Christian Conservative, Liberal, One Nation?"

Him: "I'm a Thatcherite through and through, I believe that the government should step out of our lives and the economy.. but we need to increase the social welfare net drastically to protect everyone in society and ensure that the government increases funding to public services too."

Huh??

That’s code for ‘I want to please my hardline members but I’m an establishment man who wants a post in government’.
Original post by Rakas21
That’s code for ‘I want to please my hardline members but I’m an establishment man who wants a post in government’.

Pretty much. It's just a shame that I have a buffoon representing me. If only I could get a One Nation Tory :sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending