The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have you done your UCAT this year? Whats your score
Original post by faiima
Hi all,
I have noticed that no one made a thread about it this year so I thought I'd make one following the one made by @supergrad last year. :smile:

You can list your ucat results and the resources you used as follows:

VR:
DM:
QR:
AR:
SJT:

Resources:
Reply 2
Original post by FirstAstroRook
Have you done your UCAT this year? Whats your score

i have mine booked for the end of august :smile:
Mine is also booked for the end of August.

I'm applying for GEM at Barts and Kings so I need to get a pretty high score 🤞🏼 hopefully all the practice will pay off.
VR: 660
DM: 730
QR: 700
AR: 630
SJT: Band 2 :frown:

Resources: Medify

not super happy but AVG of 680 should hopefully get me into the universities I'm aiming for, sat the exam 31st July
VR: 590 (my head was so empty and blank 90% of the time)
DM: 700
QR: 830
AR: 870
total: 2990
SJT: 701 (didn't get a band)

Resources: Medify and watched a lot of ucat videos especially the ones where people took practice questions and exams to understand different approaches to undertaking the different subsections.
Does anyone know how long after the examination period percentiles/mean and standard deviation are released?
Reply 6
Original post by aumedstudent
VR: 590 (my head was so empty and blank 90% of the time)
DM: 700
QR: 830
AR: 870
total: 2990
SJT: 701 (didn't get a band)

Resources: Medify and watched a lot of ucat videos especially the ones where people took practice questions and exams to understand different approaches to undertaking the different subsections.
Does anyone know how long after the examination period percentiles/mean and standard deviation are released?

wow thats a sick score, congrats.
if i remember correctly the first percentiles are released in early september, and then the final definite ones in october, shortly after the testing period is over.
Reply 7
Original post by Astroid07
VR: 660
DM: 730
QR: 700
AR: 630
SJT: Band 2 :frown:

Resources: Medify

not super happy but AVG of 680 should hopefully get me into the universities I'm aiming for, sat the exam 31st July

you should be very happy cause that score is actually really good. you can apply to almost any uni if you're applying for undergrad. :smile:
Sat the test on Monday. Not the best I've ever done but pretty pleased overall :smile:

VR: 680
DM: 790
QR: 780
AR: 680
SJT: Band 1

Total: 2930

Resources: Medicportal (a little bit), Medify (LOVED IT. Bought 2 weeks and did every single mock, mini mock and a lot of practice questions/timed trials) and official question banks.
VR: 670

DM: 720
QR: 900
AR: 800

Total: 3090

Resources: Began preparation 3 weeks before, mainly used medify. I also bought the isc book and did some questions from there.
Reply 10
Original post by thefundude83
VR: 670

DM: 720
QR: 900
AR: 800

Total: 3090

Resources: Began preparation 3 weeks before, mainly used medify. I also bought the isc book and did some questions from there.

congrats, such a sick score :shock:. And with only 3 weeks of work, that's impressive. How did you do so well in QR wtf pls share any tips with a dumb person like me :colondollar:, did you spend many hours a day on it?
My scores don't compare to many of the scores on here, but I do hope someone will see my scores and feel a sigh of relief when they do see that not everybody does so well, but still have equal chances of reading medicine.

VR: 540
DM: 590
QR: 730
AR: 690

Total: 2550

Resources: I used Medify semi-regularly from June to present. I also had access to The Medic Portal's video resources, and ISC medical's book. All of these combined provided useful.

I got into the exam today and I had already told myself prior that no matter how I scored during this test, I would study medicine at university. This test was not going to dictate how, when or if I would study medicine, because frankly whether it takes me 6 years or 16 years before I qualify, I know that I will do it no matter what. That is the mindset anyone who is truly passionate about reading medicine needs to have, and yet so many crumble after they see their UCAT scores and think that the journey is over for them.

In all of my mocks leading up to now I regularly scored between 750 and 800 in VR. Today? It was my worst section. I couldn't concentrate properly, the questions were immensely difficult, and I was only half way through with just 9 minutes to go. I started to panic, I cried, and I struggled.

DM went a little better. I still struggled with that though. Again, I didn't do as well as my mocks.

QR? I was gobsmacked by more score. In all of my mocks I'd been more or less scoring between 580-650.

AR I was impressed with. I guess my 'random clicking' when I had absolutely no idea proved useful, because I managed to pull this score out the bag.

SJT I got the score I predicted I'd get all along.
Reply 12
Original post by pericardium
My scores don't compare to many of the scores on here, but I do hope someone will see my scores and feel a sigh of relief when they do see that not everybody does so well, but still have equal chances of reading medicine.

VR: 540
DM: 590
QR: 730
AR: 690

Total: 2550

Resources: I used Medify semi-regularly from June to present. I also had access to The Medic Portal's video resources, and ISC medical's book. All of these combined provided useful.

I got into the exam today and I had already told myself prior that no matter how I scored during this test, I would study medicine at university. This test was not going to dictate how, when or if I would study medicine, because frankly whether it takes me 6 years or 16 years before I qualify, I know that I will do it no matter what. That is the mindset anyone who is truly passionate about reading medicine needs to have, and yet so many crumble after they see their UCAT scores and think that the journey is over for them.

In all of my mocks leading up to now I regularly scored between 750 and 800 in VR. Today? It was my worst section. I couldn't concentrate properly, the questions were immensely difficult, and I was only half way through with just 9 minutes to go. I started to panic, I cried, and I struggled.

DM went a little better. I still struggled with that though. Again, I didn't do as well as my mocks.

QR? I was gobsmacked by more score. In all of my mocks I'd been more or less scoring between 580-650.

AR I was impressed with. I guess my 'random clicking' when I had absolutely no idea proved useful, because I managed to pull this score out the bag.

SJT I got the score I predicted I'd get all along.

Well done :smile: honestly you dont need an insanely high score to get interviews, just apply strategically. I got 2460 last year and got 3 interviews (messed them up completely but thats a different story). I like how motivated you are, I am sure you'll get there.
Thanks for sharing your results :smile:
Original post by faiima
Well done :smile: honestly you dont need an insanely high score to get interviews, just apply strategically. I got 2460 last year and got 3 interviews (messed them up completely but thats a different story). I like how motivated you are, I am sure you'll get there.
Thanks for sharing your results :smile:

Where'd you apply to if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by faiima
manchester, liverpool, anglia ruskin and leicester (didnt get an interview for this one)

I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't get passed the interview stage. I hope this year brings more luck for you.
Reply 15
Original post by pericardium
I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't get passed the interview stage. I hope this year brings more luck for you.

thank you, good luck with your application:biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by supergrad
Cheers! Wanted to make one this year didn't get time to

well it's not having the same success as the one you made lol
Hi Guys, just wanting to know how everyone did on their UCAT 2019, I don’t really know how I’ve done compared to other people cause the percentiles aren’t out yet so what have you all been getting?
Reply 18
Reply 19
Original post by Uesrname2012
Hi Guys, just wanting to know how everyone did on their UCAT 2019, I don’t really know how I’ve done compared to other people cause the percentiles aren’t out yet so what have you all been getting?

there is no way you can predict the percentile you're in by looking at people's scores on tsr (it's not representative at all). The best way is to use last years results cause they dont tend to vary that much, or just wait for this years percentiles to come out.

Latest

Trending

Trending