The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why?
So because you do not like the subject you figure it's justifiable enough that it be banned.

You must think very highly of yourself, no?
(edited 4 years ago)
Lot of degrees that would be banned if the criteria was simply a "waste of time"
what even is that lol
waste of time but shouldn't be banned
Banning subjects? Quite a dangerous precedent to set.

Secondly, precisely how many the students in the UK are doing gender studies degrees? The number is a lot lower than angry men on the internet would have you believe.
Original post by pineapplepink
what even is that lol

Gender studies is a field for interdisciplinary study devoted to gender identity and gendered representation as central categories of analysis. This field includes women's studies (concerning women, feminism, gender, and politics), men's studies and queer studies.[1] Sometimes, gender studies is offered together with study of sexuality.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_studies
If people want to “waste their time” doing a degree let them. It doesn’t impact your life.
Dumb field but shouldn't be outlawed if some self styled social justice warriors want to take it
Original post by Obolinda
Gender studies is a field for interdisciplinary study devoted to gender identity and gendered representation as central categories of analysis. This field includes women's studies (concerning women, feminism, gender, and politics), men's studies and queer studies.[1] Sometimes, gender studies is offered together with study of sexuality.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_studies

ok
tf would you do with that
Original post by pineapplepink
ok
tf would you do with that

join their illustrious graduates paths'

Original post by Oljen
Not gonna go into detail as I don’t think I need to , but Gender studies is a major waste of time and one huge scam. I believe it should be banned

Awesome, shall we start banning books we think are a waste of time too? What the hell, let’s just burn them 😊
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
join their illustrious graduates paths'

:lol:
Reply 14
I think it should be banned because it’s putting “vulnerable” students in debt , barely any career paths to go off and effects the tax payers simultaneously. They can study it at home , you don’t need a degree for it.😆
Not banned but I think courses like this should cost less and/or come with graduate opportunity warning statistics (assuming the graduate opportunities are lacking which I do assume).
Reply 16
You lot are so legislation-happy

It is worrying
Original post by Oljen
I think it should be banned because it’s putting “vulnerable” students in debt , barely any career paths to go off and effects the tax payers simultaneously. They can study it at home , you don’t need a degree for it.😆

Would u ban books u consider a waste of time to read?
Reply 18
No lol, universities need the money to fund other costly courses.
Why? It's a subsection of sociology, and given how much gender influences the world, a valuable field of study.

Latest

Trending

Trending