The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Mia101
Does anyone know if it is possible to get a job when you're 15???

It's possible (you need a work permit and can only work 12 hours a week i think). I know whsmith and boots hire 15 year olds
Original post by SmartUnicorn
omg that's what I'm trying to do!! people are saying dog walking but everyone I know walks their own dog!
tell me if you find anywhere? :smile:

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwir75Pv163kAhUGtO0KHclvAzgYABAAGgJkZw&sig=AOD64_2xqMFdVgvu0TW0UXEEa42cgcVBHQ&q=&ved=2ahUKEwiPtYzv163kAhU3TxUIHYJGAUkQ0Qx6BAgREAE&adurl= this is a website I used to find a couple of jobs to do, it's really helpful
Original post by HannahTheCarrot
It's possible (you need a work permit and can only work 12 hours a week i think). I know whsmith and boots hire 15 year olds

wsmith and boots? omg tysm !!!
Original post by _Mia101
the current year 11 chat thread (19/20)
uhh so GCSE results day 2019 has come and gone and I guess we are technically year 11's now!

welcome to the official year 11 thread for this school year!
this thread is a chance for all of us year 11’s to talk, moan and groan, share a study tips and goals, or just be random (insert crazy)!

hopefully we’ll make some friends (and not enemies) along the way

first of all, let’s all answer these questions so we can get to know a bit more about each other

the quintessential questions

Spoiler

gotta thank @clouddbubbles for this ^^

hiya I have taken: triple science, further maths, statistics, re, geography, music, arabic my predicted grades are all 8s
Original post by _Mia101
the current year 11 chat thread (19/20)
uhh so GCSE results day 2019 has come and gone and I guess we are technically year 11's now!

welcome to the official year 11 thread for this school year!
this thread is a chance for all of us year 11’s to talk, moan and groan, share a study tips and goals, or just be random (insert crazy)!

hopefully we’ll make some friends (and not enemies) along the way

first of all, let’s all answer these questions so we can get to know a bit more about each other

the quintessential questions

Spoiler

gotta thank @clouddbubbles for this ^^

hiya I'm taking: obviously all the core subjects but my choices are triple science, geography, French, Arabic, music, re, further maths and statistics I'm predicted all 8s I want to get all 9s or as close to as possible ive gotten an a* already in Arabic I want to go to 6th form to study biology chemistry maths and further maths so I can go to medical school I'm so scared for year 11 it's actually ridiculous At the start of year 10 i was pretty relaxed until Christmas when i actually realised how scary GCSEs actually are then i turned into the nervous wreck that i am today I love gymnastics, horse riding, music, reading, netball my fave subject is Biology and Chemistry (not physics, that subject can just go and die) I hate English I revise different ways for different subjects but mainly auditory
Original post by SmartUnicorn
Thankyou! <3

No problem!
Original post by HannahTheCarrot

okay, thanks :smile:
Original post by _Mia101
thank you!:hugs:

you're welcome:h:
Original post by lelebaz123
hiya I'm taking: obviously all the core subjects but my choices are triple science, geography, French, Arabic, music, re, further maths and statistics I'm predicted all 8s I want to get all 9s or as close to as possible ive gotten an a* already in Arabic I want to go to 6th form to study biology chemistry maths and further maths so I can go to medical school I'm so scared for year 11 it's actually ridiculous At the start of year 10 i was pretty relaxed until Christmas when i actually realised how scary GCSEs actually are then i turned into the nervous wreck that i am today I love gymnastics, horse riding, music, reading, netball my fave subject is Biology and Chemistry (not physics, that subject can just go and die) I hate English I revise different ways for different subjects but mainly auditory

good luck! we do such similar subjects...(english is the bane of my existence... it takes years to revise:mad:)
Original post by _Mia101
good luck! we do such similar subjects...(english is the bane of my existence... it takes years to revise:mad:)

ughhhhh I can't express how much I hate the subject! All the essay plans and annotations plus the context we need to remember :frown:The poems are what I struggle the most in
ughhhhh I can't express how much I hate the subject! All the essay plans and annotations plus the context we need to remember :frown:The poems are what I struggle the most in

i can help you with that (which poems do you do?).
i just hate the work, so much effort and your work is still never perfect
Original post by _Mia101
i can help you with that (which poems do you do?).
i just hate the work, so much effort and your work is still never perfect

Dulce et Decorum Est (Wilfred Owen)
The Soldier (Rupert Brooke)
Mametz Wood (Owen Sheers)
A Wife in London (Thomas Hardy)
The Manhunt (Simon Armitage) She Walks in Beauty (Lord Byron)
Valentine (Carol Ann Duffy)
Sonnet 43 (Elizabeth Barrett Browning)
Cozy Apologia (Rita Dove) Death of a Naturalist (Seamus Heaney)
To Autumn (John Keats)
Excerpt from The Prelude (William Wordsworth)
Hawk Roosting (Ted Hughes)

London (William Blake)
Afternoons (Philip Larkin)
Living Space (Imtiaz Dharker)
As Imperceptibly as Grief (Emily Dickinson)
Ozymandias (Percy Bysshe Shelley) :frown: and as a perfectionist its horrible
i have taken triple science, music, spanish & history
i’m predicted 6/7s
i want to achieve 8/9s!
i already have a grade 9 in religious studies:smile:

my plans after year 11: i want to do a levels then uni, but i’m not sure about my degree. i’m thinking of taking english lit, spanish & psychology at a level!
i’m not sure about what i want to do in the future, it baffles me whenever i think of a potential career

i’m feeling ready to start year 11! i want to finish gcses so i can move onto college and go somewhere new bc i think i’m ready for a fresh start!

how i felt about year 10- it was alright mostly but it was the year where i was quite bored of the routine,
so i’m hoping year 11 is more fast paced
hobbies and interests- i play piano, i love reading, i run often, i enjoy listening to music and going to concerts

favourite subject- spanish or english
most hated subject- maybe physics or maths because they’re my worst subjects

favourite way to revise- i like creating posters & making revision songs
Dulce et Decorum Est (Wilfred Owen)
The Soldier (Rupert Brooke)
Mametz Wood (Owen Sheers)
A Wife in London (Thomas Hardy)
The Manhunt (Simon Armitage) She Walks in Beauty (Lord Byron)
Valentine (Carol Ann Duffy)
Sonnet 43 (Elizabeth Barrett Browning)
Cozy Apologia (Rita Dove) Death of a Naturalist (Seamus Heaney)
To Autumn (John Keats)
Excerpt from The Prelude (William Wordsworth)
Hawk Roosting (Ted Hughes)

London (William Blake)
Afternoons (Philip Larkin)
Living Space (Imtiaz Dharker)
As Imperceptibly as Grief (Emily Dickinson)
Ozymandias (Percy Bysshe Shelley) :frown: and as a perfectionist its horrible

unfortunately, i don't do any of these poems (sorry). but i have some stuff on ozymandias and a few of the others (if you'd like).
Original post by _Mia101
Does anyone know if it is possible to get a job when you're 15???

i’ve got a job in the kitchen in a local restaurant. tbh you really just have to put yourself out there, the worst they can do is say no and your life is no different! even if places don’t say they’re hiring, go in and ask! it shows initiative and pro-activeness already! gl with the job hunt!
hi! i'm taking the core subjects plus economics, history, mandarin and photography!

your predicted grades (8 is the highest for my school, except for photography which goes up to 9)
maths 8
english 7
science 8
mandarin 7
economics 7
history 8
photography 8

the grades you want to achieve :
maths 8
english 8
science 8
mandarin 7
economics 8
history 8
photography 9

i plan to continue with a levels then uni!

what do you want to do in the future? (university, career plans etc.) : not sure yet! but i'm really interested in psychology

how you’re feeling about starting year 11 : really nervous but excited to get gcses done!

how you felt about year 10: a bit stressful but fun on the most part!

hobbies and interests : photography, swimming, video editing! i recently tried out basketball and it's really fun but im not great at it ahha

favourite subject : photography/maths

most hated subject: none, but i find english the hardest

favourite way to revise: past papers!

if you have a gyg blog feel free to share that too, here : i dont, what is it?
Original post by liv.5.riley
i’ve got a job in the kitchen in a local restaurant. tbh you really just have to put yourself out there, the worst they can do is say no and your life is no different! even if places don’t say they’re hiring, go in and ask! it shows initiative and pro-activeness already! gl with the job hunt!

thanks!!
Original post by alyssaww
hi! i'm taking the core subjects plus economics, history, mandarin and photography!

your predicted grades (8 is the highest for my school, except for photography which goes up to 9)
maths 8
english 7
science 8
mandarin 7
economics 7
history 8
photography 8

the grades you want to achieve :
maths 8
english 8
science 8
mandarin 7
economics 8
history 8
photography 9

i plan to continue with a levels then uni!

what do you want to do in the future? (university, career plans etc.) : not sure yet! but i'm really interested in psychology

how you’re feeling about starting year 11 : really nervous but excited to get gcses done!

how you felt about year 10: a bit stressful but fun on the most part!

hobbies and interests : photography, swimming, video editing! i recently tried out basketball and it's really fun but im not great at it ahha

favourite subject : photography/maths

most hated subject: none, but i find english the hardest

favourite way to revise: past papers!

if you have a gyg blog feel free to share that too, here : i dont, what is it?

a gyg is a blog where you write about your academic life and stuff. it stands for 'grow your grades'.

Latest