The Student Room Group

Fail and withdraw from uni

I'm at the end of my second year and have been told I have failed and should withdrawal due to missing an assignment deadline due to technical issues. I am aware this is my own fault and that I have no extenuating circumstances to appeal as suggested. This was my last assignment of the year and I have been told that I cant redo the module, I also haven't been given the option to retake the year. This module consisted of completing a placement which I passed and the coursework. As the coursework is 100% weighted the placement I guess didn't amount to anything as they classed it as a double fail. The course director has told me to appeal which I will do but feel it will be rejected due to lack of evidence.

I'm running out of time as classes start soon and I don't know what to do. I feel my options are either to withdraw from uni, transfer to another course at the same uni or transfer to a different uni but do the course I am doing now if they do not allow me to redo the year. I study occupational therapy if that's any help. It seems they are more stricter with healthcare courses.

Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm at the end of my second year and have been told I have failed and should withdrawal due to missing an assignment deadline due to technical issues. I am aware this is my own fault and that I have no extenuating circumstances to appeal as suggested. This was my last assignment of the year and I have been told that I cant redo the module, I also haven't been given the option to retake the year. This module consisted of completing a placement which I passed and the coursework. As the coursework is 100% weighted the placement I guess didn't amount to anything as they classed it as a double fail. The course director has told me to appeal which I will do but feel it will be rejected due to lack of evidence.

I'm running out of time as classes start soon and I don't know what to do. I feel my options are either to withdraw from uni, transfer to another course at the same uni or transfer to a different uni but do the course I am doing now if they do not allow me to redo the year. I study occupational therapy if that's any help. It seems they are more stricter with healthcare courses.

Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

appeal and then go from there. transfers for healthcare courses can be harder i m afraid
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
appeal and then go from there. transfers for healthcare courses can be harder i m afraid

Thanks, I will appeal and try my luck. What are the chances of changing from a healthcare course to a non healthcare? As I've done two years I believe I have two years of funded study left so it will be a bit tough if I can't redo the year. I'd have to withdraw or find the money to fund the final year of another three year course.
Thanks, I will appeal and try my luck. What are the chances of changing from a healthcare course to a non healthcare? As I've done two years I believe I have two years of funded study left so it will be a bit tough if I can't redo the year. I'd have to withdraw or find the money to fund the final year of another three year course.

There's unlikely to be much crossover so a full time transfer is unlikely, you could get part time in a stem degree funded
Hey how's everything going now? I am in a similar situation now... : (
Hey how's everything going now? I am in a similar situation now... : (

I'm in a very similar situation too...I just recently submitted my appeal but I doubt it will work. How is it going for you?
I'm in a very similar situation too...I just recently submitted my appeal but I doubt it will work. How is it going for you?

Did you do the appeal today? I knew someone appealed and got stayed last year, with the help of his college and submitted homeworks, if these info’ ll be helpful to you? It stated me leaving the uni on my student system. I basically just sent an email to my department, academic advisor, college, disability advisor (I am waiting for an ADHD assessment). I said I had problem with time management but I am trying my bests to submit works even after the passed ddls. I wish they can have a look at the work and allow me to at least retake the year. My academic advisor replied that he sent email to the department to ask as well. But tbh, I had too many modules failed since I didn’t submit enough works. If there’s no replies on Monday afternoon I’ll appeal and contact other unis for transfer… Let me know if you get into any progress as well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending