The Student Room Group

42 yrs Want to do Electrical installation

Hi I am Mature student. did an access course in 2017 in engineering and started an electrical and electronics course at Uni have had troubles with the amount of work not to mention sick of sitting in lectures, labs and sitting around studying is really putting me off plus after finnishing will I find work with little experience? and feel I'd be better off doing an apprenticeship but is that possible at my age? I have talked to a careers advisor but they were'nt much help. any advice appreciated.
Original post by Maturestudent3po
Hi I am Mature student. did an access course in 2017 in engineering and started an electrical and electronics course at Uni have had troubles with the amount of work not to mention sick of sitting in lectures, labs and sitting around studying is really putting me off plus after finnishing will I find work with little experience? and feel I'd be better off doing an apprenticeship but is that possible at my age? I have talked to a careers advisor but they were'nt much help. any advice appreciated.

Does that mean you are in year 2 or 3?
What are your grades like?
Why not start looking for an apprenticeship now?
There is no max age for an apprenticeship, just means they dont get government funding.
Go for an apprenticeship and if you get one you like drop out if that is what you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending