The Student Room Group

Revenge on my brother

I depise him and again he's decided to mess with me by drinking the water I put in the fridge. I wrote my name all over it and he still took it when there was another one in the fridge. I know he did it on purpose and I don't care if he's older.

I despise him even more and I originally planned to pour bleach on his pillow for him to sleep on but I thought I'd get caught instantly. I just want him to know not to mess with my petty self.

And no I don't depise him because of him simply drinking my water he's done other things and always gets away with it.

What other things should I do to him? Drinking all of his things in the fridge is too little.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Changing someone’s password is really annoying, or see if you can only disconnect his devices from his the home internet, or hide his phone but don’t mention that you hid it.
What other things has he done?

Drinking your water is a complete non issue. Tap water at room temperature is fine and is arguably healthier as there's less thermal shock when you drink it.

If there's something serious he's done, like being violent to you, then you should record it if you can and then start escalating it via your parents. Then Social Services if your parents can't or won't nip it in the bud - if you are basically the victim of domestic violence.

If it's other petty things like cheating at Monopoly or having a bigger slice of cake than you, then just accept and tolerate his behaviour until you can move away from home. Learning to live with the annoying habits of other people is a part of growing up.

You can't control your brother's behaviour. But you can control your own. Try to behave like a grown up angel. Not like a vengeful devil. Don't sweat the small stuff, but if there's anything big and important that needs action from you (like him hitting you), then go right ahead and do whatever you have to do.

As an adult, people will like and respect you more if you are an (assertive) angel. Instead of someone that makes mountains out of molehills, or that carries on vendettas over small stuff.

Sleep on this. And decide tomorrow morning if one stupid glass of water in the fridge is worth any of your time and attention at all.
Reply 3
Original post by Dunnig Kruger

Drinking your water is a complete non issue. Tap water at room temperature is fine and is arguably healthier as there's less thermal shock when you drink it.

If there's something serious he's done, like being violent to you, then you should record it if you can and then start escalating it via your parents. Then Social Services if your parents can't or won't nip it in the bud - if you are basically the victim of domestic violence.

If it's other petty things like cheating at Monopoly or having a bigger slice of cake than you, then just accept and tolerate his behaviour until you can move away from home. Learning to live with the annoying habits of other people is a part of growing up.

You can't control your brother's behaviour. But you can control your own. Try to behave like a grown up angel. Not like a vengeful devil. Don't sweat the small stuff, but if there's anything big and important that needs action from you (like him hitting you), then go right ahead and do whatever you have to do.

As an adult, people will like and respect you more if you are an (assertive) angel. Instead of someone that makes mountains out of molehills, or that carries on vendettas over small stuff.

Sleep on this. And decide tomorrow morning if one stupid glass of water in the fridge is worth any of your time and attention at all.

A lot of things and yes he did used to hit me until my dad managed to stop that but still my mum always took his side. Now when he's angry I can tell he's holding in the urge to hit me and just starts breathing loudly and staring at me. He did punch something in anger.

Yes there are some pretty things he's done but it's things that may seem pretty to you but meant a lot to me (the drinking water wasn't a big deal but it added to my hatred of him).

There's a difference between not sweating the "small stuff" and letting someone have their way with you thinking they can get away with it since you're not going to act.

I can't rely on my parents to deal with him nor anyone else. I've been silently trying to ignore every little thing he does to annoy me but I'm reaching a breaking point and he's not leaving the house anytime soon.
Reply 4

But I guess like my parents say I'm being childish so should learn to deal with it and "grow up"
The physical bullying was completely out of order. And well done to your dad for stepping in to stop it.

If the water drinking and heavy breathing is all part of a campaign of psychological bullying, then that is out of order too.
And is something you should discuss with your dad.

It's all a case of what's most appropriate. Whether it's a case of being pragmatic and putting up with a lot of annoying things from your brother. Or whether it's a case of standing up to psychological bullying.

If you are the victim of psychological bullying from your brother and you've discussed it with your dad, more than once and it's still going on, then that does put you in a tricky situation. In that case, you should do whatever it will take to alleviate the bullying, without it see-sawing into you bullying your brother for an extended period of time.
My younger brother would open up the pastry of my favourite sausage rolls eat all the meat out of them then carefully close the pastry back over pop them all back in the packet and put them back in the fridge. This would furiate me but because he was younger than me and it was so petty they always took his side. That was how he chose to engage me in psychological warfare. Granted it cost him his Fifa career mode saves but it also made me slightly more reluctant to throw my weight around. The little squirt had made a statement.
Reply 7
The physical bullying was completely out of order. And well done to your dad for stepping in to stop it.

If the water drinking and heavy breathing is all part of a campaign of psychological bullying, then that is out of order too.
And is something you should discuss with your dad.

It's all a case of what's most appropriate. Whether it's a case of being pragmatic and putting up with a lot of annoying things from your brother. Or whether it's a case of standing up to psychological bullying.

If you are the victim of psychological bullying from your brother and you've discussed it with your dad, more than once and it's still going on, then that does put you in a tricky situation. In that case, you should do whatever it will take to alleviate the bullying, without it see-sawing into you bullying your brother for an extended period of time.

I can no longer rely on my dad to help as whenever I do my parents will end up arguing then my mum would tell me everytime that it's my fault and that I should stop looking my trouble. My dad has stopped too.

I've had time to think clearly and I give up.
There's nothing I can do and even if I do something they'll always take his side and I'll be called problematic. I'll just be pragmatic and save up enough money to become independent and leave the house for good.

Thank you.
Original post by Anonymous
I depise him and again he's decided to mess with me by drinking the water I put in the fridge. I wrote my name all over it and he still took it when there was another one in the fridge. I know he did it on purpose and I don't care if he's older.

I despise him even more and I originally planned to pour bleach on his pillow for him to sleep on but I thought I'd get caught instantly. I just want him to know not to mess with my petty self.

And no I don't depise him because of him simply drinking my water he's done other things and always gets away with it.

What other things should I do to him? Drinking all of his things in the fridge is too little.

How bout... deleting his accounts, changing his passwords, making sure he has no access to any kind of device, hacking him... yeah so I’ve been hacked a couple times I got my revenge
Original post by MrLiveForever
My younger brother would open up the pastry of my favourite sausage rolls eat all the meat out of them then carefully close the pastry back over pop them all back in the packet and put them back in the fridge. This would furiate me but because he was younger than me and it was so petty they always took his side. That was how he chose to engage me in psychological warfare. Granted it cost him his Fifa career mode saves but it also made me slightly more reluctant to throw my weight around. The little squirt had made a statement.

Meh, the pastry's the best part.
A lot of things and yes he did used to hit me until my dad managed to stop that but still my mum always took his side. Now when he's angry I can tell he's holding in the urge to hit me and just starts breathing loudly and staring at me. He did punch something in anger.

Yes there are some pretty things he's done but it's things that may seem pretty to you but meant a lot to me (the drinking water wasn't a big deal but it added to my hatred of him).

There's a difference between not sweating the "small stuff" and letting someone have their way with you thinking they can get away with it since you're not going to act.

I can't rely on my parents to deal with him nor anyone else. I've been silently trying to ignore every little thing he does to annoy me but I'm reaching a breaking point and he's not leaving the house anytime soon.

HE DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO ANY OF THAT!!! omg, I haven’t been so angry over a post in so long!! Punching you is NOT okay, I’m sorry but he deserves to be kicked out with no money or mostly anything!! I’m sorry I can’t do much, but you have all my support with any kind of revenge. Oh yeah and do revenges veeery often.
Original post by SlasherHacks13
How bout... deleting his accounts, changing his passwords, making sure he has no access to any kind of device, hacking him... yeah so I’ve been hacked a couple times I got my revenge

I can't do some of those things since I don't know his passwords in the first place. I've tried repoting his accounts. How would I hack him?
HE DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO ANY OF THAT!!! omg, I haven’t been so angry over a post in so long!! Punching you is NOT okay, I’m sorry but he deserves to be kicked out with no money or mostly anything!! I’m sorry I can’t do much, but you have all my support with any kind of revenge. Oh yeah and do revenges veeery often.

Thank you for your support, I appreciate it. I don't know what to do anymore, if I should stop being childish and be pragmatic or take out my revenge on him.
Reply 13
german suplex followed by a figure 4 leg lock
Original post by gjd800

Haha I wanted to try something similar but I'm weak and my parents would punish me.
Original post by gjd800

how about a frogsplash to make sure the job is well done?
Reply 16
Original post by msrobbins
how about a frogsplash to make sure the job is well done?

go for it
Original post by gjd800
go for it

Sorted. That's the plan
I can no longer rely on my dad to help as whenever I do my parents will end up arguing then my mum would tell me everytime that it's my fault and that I should stop looking my trouble. My dad has stopped too.

I've had time to think clearly and I give up.
There's nothing I can do and even if I do something they'll always take his side and I'll be called problematic. I'll just be pragmatic and save up enough money to become independent and leave the house for good.

Thank you.

That is a great decision on your part. If you are old enough to move out, then that is the route to take.

You could put a positive spin on this by saying that your brother's bullying and your parent's inability to enforce a proper code of discipline are all the motivation that you need to move up and on in life. And that you are responding well to stress and pressure.

Yeah, I really hate bullies too.
That is a great decision on your part. If you are old enough to move out, then that is the route to take.

You could put a positive spin on this by saying that your brother's bullying and your parent's inability to enforce a proper code of discipline are all the motivation that you need to move up and on in life. And that you are responding well to stress and pressure.

Yeah, I really hate bullies too.

I've been telling myself that for years about how it'll help me deal with other people. So I guess I might continue like that but I do think that sometimes I need to put my foot down and not tolerate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending