The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
(Original post by adbra19)Hey!
I'm an 18 girl from the US, looking to backpack Europe from August 2019 to sometime in spring 2020. I'm not sure what your plan is but if that interests you then hmu!

hi, I’m an 18 year old girl from Wales and I’m interested in traveling in my gap year around the same time! What are your plans?
Reply 2
Hi I’m an 18 y/o from England (London) I’m thinking of travelling Europe around May-June! :smile:
Original post by adbra19
Hey!
I'm an 18 girl from the US, looking to backpack Europe from August 2019 to sometime in spring 2020. I'm not sure what your plan is but if that interests you then hmu!

Hey! I’m a 18 year old girl from England wanting to travel , hows it going for you? I’m planning on going to the south of Italy next year for abit have you been there yet? 💗
Hi im 19 (London, female) looking to travel at some point around easter or may - june, my snapchat is cyanide_121
hiya 18 from wales, want to travel europe and asia, hope this is still active
Reply 6
Im also taking a gap year.

I have to retake 2 a levels though :frown:
I'm 19 from England, I still can't decide exactly what to do on my gap year but I'm working locally until December to get a bit of money and work experience. I've applied to ICS for next spring and I'm wanting to do CampCanada next summer I think, and possibly some other ideas if I have time, e.g. au pair, Angloville, Workaway, Fiji volunteering in communities, Costa Rica volunteering in conservation
If anyone's in a similar boat hmu :smile:
Original post by Sm9988

which subjects you retaking?
Reply 9
Original post by 123xyz123
which subjects you retaking?

I’m retaking biology got a C first time.

I’m picking up a new a level -sociology, I got a D in chemistry but I didn’t enjoy it much so I didn’t want to retake it.

Thankfully, I got an A in psychology so I don’t have to resit that.
Original post by Sm9988

I’m picking up a new a level -sociology, I got a D in chemistry but I didn’t enjoy it much so I didn’t want to retake it.

Thats cool

Im retaking maths, further maths and physics
I got A(maths) C(FM) C(physics)
Reply 11
Thats cool

Ah nice. Your retaking maths even though you got an A?

What are you applying for this year?
Reply 12
Thats cool

Original post by Sm9988

Wow an A in psychology, that's amazing, congratulations. Any tips on how to achieve an A in Psychology, I'm currently on a D grade.
Original post by Sm9988

yhh i only missed out on an a* by a few marks ugh

gonna apply for maths and stats

what about you
Reply 15
Original post by RebmaKopy
Wow an A in psychology, that's amazing, congratulations. Any tips on how to achieve an A in Psychology, I'm currently on a D grade.

The easiest way to improve in psychology is research methods. If you learn it really well ,you can pick up so many marks. It always comes up in all 3 papers.

Also you have to practice writing essays and always linking it back to the question for each evaluation point (PEEL) structure will help.

The most important thing is to complete all the past papers even the as ones as practice makes perfect :smile:
Reply 16
yhh i only missed out on an a* by a few marks ugh

gonna apply for maths and stats

what about you

Ahh unlucky. Should be easier when retaking this year though :smile:

I’m applying for law this year
Reply 17
Im also doing a gap, not travelling though i dont think just gonna work and save some money, is anyone else doing anything similar?? after this year Im going on to study psychology what about you guys??
Original post by Sm9988
Ahh unlucky. Should be easier when retaking this year though :smile:

I’m applying for law this year

Yeah hopefully thanks

Good luck with your application!
Reply 19
Original post by Sm9988

literally same! What A levels? Mine are Bio and French :frown:

Latest