The Student Room Group

Thinking of studying Adult Nursing?

Ask me anything!
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Ask me anything!

What’s the course structure like?
Original post by Hazzabear
What’s the course structure like?

The course structure has actually recently changed because the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) have recently updated their standards for student supervision and assessment! If you want a little more information of the changes, there may be some information on this link that you may find useful! -

https://www.nmc.org.uk/standards-for-education-and-training/standards-framework-for-nursing-and-midwifery-education/

Currently as it stands for me, I have just entered my 2nd year of Adult Nursing at Keele and i’m currently on a 7 week block of theory sessions and i’m due to go out into placement in November for 6 weeks. Looking at my year long plan, I also have 3 more theory blocks and 2 more placement blocks with the addition of a 3 week elective placement at the end of the year, which I will get to choose myself. However, bare in mind that it may be different for students starting their 1st year.

If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask! I’ll be as helpful as I can!
(edited 4 years ago)
what are the requirements of studying adult nursing?
Ask me anything!

Can a guy be a nurse?
Original post by THALCEDONY
Can a guy be a nurse?

Of course they can :smile:
Original post by THALCEDONY
Can a guy be a nurse?

Absolutely! I’ve worked with many amazing male nurses on placement and i’m studying with some aspiring male nurses at the moment!
Original post by Lmaosophia
what are the requirements of studying adult nursing?

The entry requirements for studying BSc Hons Adult Nursing at Keele University currently stand at BBC for A-level qualifications and DMM for BTEC.
how is it assessed ?
The entry requirements for studying BSc Hons Adult Nursing at Keele University currently stand at BBC for A-level qualifications and DMM for BTEC.

after finishing your degree, do earn a nursing job straight away?
Original post by Lmaosophia
after finishing your degree, do earn a nursing job straight away?

Hello! 96% of Adult Nursing graduates were in a job or further study within 6 months! So it’s a fantastic outcome!
Original post by Envelopemadame
how is it assessed ?

Throughout the 3 years there is a series of ways we are assessed. We are required to complete numeracy exams, mandatory training such as Basic Life Support and Moving and Handling, assignments, placement hours, placement documents, theory hours, directed study and assessments throughout different practice placements.
hey
Is it a fun job and is there anything you hate about it
Original post by Alayna12345
hey
Is it a fun job and is there anything you hate about it

Depending on the situation you’re in depends on whether you may deem it as fun or not! I really enjoy the course and can’t honestly see myself doing anything other than nursing! But obviously, if you’re out on placement and you’re involved in a cardiac arrest, it’s not fun at the time, it’s a serious situation if that’s makes sense!? Fantastic learning experience for a student nurse though! Clinical skills sessions are fun, and so are group work activities. I haven’t come across anything I hate about nursing thus far!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending