The Student Room Group

Access to Nursing

Hi
Could someone give me advice please??
I am in my early 50's embarking on a Science Access course hoping to go into Adult Nursing.
Does the NHS take adults of a mature age??
Hi Diane, I worked at a hospital and can say they take people of all ages! We had students on our ward of all ages so I think you'll be ok. I don't think it is too late to start a course, especially in nursing which is always highly sought after.

Also I am in the same boat about doing an access course. The science one you are currently doing, what modules roughly are you studying? I ask because some of the uni's I am looking at ask for a 'science based' course and some access to nursing courses don't seem sciency enough.

All the best!
Uni have no issues with mature students in nursing.
Reply 3
Original post by Back2Uni2021
Hi Diane, I worked at a hospital and can say they take people of all ages! We had students on our ward of all ages so I think you'll be ok. I don't think it is too late to start a course, especially in nursing which is always highly sought after.

Also I am in the same boat about doing an access course. The science one you are currently doing, what modules roughly are you studying? I ask because some of the uni's I am looking at ask for a 'science based' course and some access to nursing courses don't seem sciency enough.

All the best!

I do the believe the Science Access covers Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Psychology.
Reply 4
Original post by Diane8*
I do the believe the Science Access covers Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Psychology.

Hi , I am Gina can you please give some hint or advise of what books to buy Adult Access course for Nursing. Any ideas or advise would be helpful.

Thank you.
Gina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending