The Student Room Group

What are you currently struggling with in life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Discrepancy
I would like to read, sometimes it feels people are just happy with no problems.

Deciding what career path to take, I don’t like maths chemistry physics computing or law, so there’s pretty much no high paying jobs left for me lol
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Holly jade
Deciding what career path to take, I don’t like maths chemistry physics computing or law, so there’s pretty much no high paying jobs left for me lol

Same, I enjoy creative stuff like painting and dancing.
Reply 22
Relationship issues, lol.
Reply 23
struggling to live tbh
Original post by KahsM
struggling to live tbh

Same, ah well
Basically, i view myself in such a pessimistic way. I cant help it. I tried talking to myself as a friend but it hasnt worked. I am also scared that i would go to far left and end up being ignorant and arrogant. I wished i viewed myself in a healthy way

So yeah...
Original post by knightandday
Basically, i view myself in such a pessimistic way. I cant help it. I tried talking to myself as a friend but it hasnt worked. I am also scared that i would go to far left and end up being ignorant and arrogant. I wished i viewed myself in a healthy way

So yeah...

I am actually like this too
Reply 27
I don't know what to switch my a level options to and time is ticking (if anyone fancies giving me some advice please help!)
Original post by jjkjjh
I don't know what to switch my a level options to and time is ticking (if anyone fancies giving me some advice please help!)

What are you currently studying?

Plus what do you like to study?
Reply 29
What are you currently studying?

Plus what do you like to study?

I started with chem, bio, history
Last week I switched chem to english lit
I'd really like to get to oxbridge for history and I feel that bio will be a huge struggle these next two years
I was thinking either French, psychology, english lang, or philosophy and ethics
I would like to read, sometimes it feels people are just happy with no problems.

Stress of work, depression, anxiety, loneliness and also facing the consequences of having measles during GCSEs
Reply 31
Motivation; I don’t have the will to do anything in college/life in general with ppl in my class working and attending class etc and I cba to even wake up and go to school lmao and ik it’s gonna backfire just like my GCSEs (could’ve gotten really good results but ended up getting average results because I’m lazy)... but I’m just that ignorant :colonhash: hbu OP?
Original post by jjkjjh
I started with chem, bio, history
Last week I switched chem to english lit
I'd really like to get to oxbridge for history and I feel that bio will be a huge struggle these next two years
I was thinking either French, psychology, english lang, or philosophy and ethics

English Lit requires a lot of work trust me. As long as you are not struggling you will be fine. Chemistry is a pain so it is good you changed. Biology requires ALOT of revision so make sure you stay up to date with it.
I'm struggling with getting your mum to marry me

Original post by Bang Outta Order
I'm struggling with getting your mum to marry me

Sad, guess you got rejected.

No friends, autism, dieting and health. Welcome to my world!
Reply 36
English Lit requires a lot of work trust me. As long as you are not struggling you will be fine. Chemistry is a pain so it is good you changed. Biology requires ALOT of revision so make sure you stay up to date with it.

I love history and english and dislike bio so I want to switch, just have no clue to which of the prior mentioned options :frown:
Original post by Shealy.
Motivation; I don’t have the will to do anything in college/life in general with ppl in my class working and attending class etc and I cba to even wake up and go to school lmao and ik it’s gonna backfire just like my GCSEs (could’ve gotten really good results but ended up getting average results because I’m lazy)... but I’m just that ignorant :colonhash: hbu OP?

To be honest during GCSEs I was very lazy lol. However I knew I wanted good A-Levels. It felt great to be independent and study subjects I enjoyed. I did good overall in all my subjects, but I didn't get the grades I want.
You don't want to repeat GCSEs all over again, so make sure you enjoy your subjects and revision.

Me lol

Gap year - no job - I have goals but I need money to fulfill it - lonely - friends at uni - anxiety - probably depression - just sad as usual
Original post by jjkjjh
I love history and english and dislike bio so I want to switch, just have no clue to which of the prior mentioned options :frown:

I did geography and loved it. I did Edexcel and I did art too.

Maybe Psych?
Criticism

Quick Reply

Latest