The Student Room Group

Suspending Project/Dissertation to the next academic year?

Hi all,

Out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone else on here is considering or has suspended their dissertation or project for another year? If so, how do you feel about it now?

I'm currently deliberating whether to go through with it or not as I am really not finding fulfilment in my current project and am struggling to stay motivated on it. That added with personal problems and it's a very stressful soup. If anyone could share their perspective, I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply 1
It wouldn't be allowed where I am, and in the prior place it'd only be acceptable if serious mitigation was presented. What are your regs on this?
I am currently thinking about it! Quite difficult to get my head around too. Have you decided yet? I am toying with the social side of graduating later and having to explain it to people, also spending longer on something I just want to finish and get over with now!
Reply 3
Original post by cloudywaves
I am currently thinking about it! Quite difficult to get my head around too. Have you decided yet? I am toying with the social side of graduating later and having to explain it to people, also spending longer on something I just want to finish and get over with now!

The thoughts you are having are the same thoughts I have had for the past month. After speaking to people and researching how much degree classifications matter after graduation (Apparently they matter for grad schemes, professional workplaces seem to prefer experience), I think I will see it through. Can either go two ways, I will surprise myself or I will find out that perhaps Computer Science isn't my calling in life 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending