The Student Room Group

New £20 note

Scroll to see replies

design of £20>solving knife crime
Original post by zedius
design of £20>solving knife crime

What?
Should have picked someone way better than turner to be in the note like they did for the 5 and 50 pound notes
Reply 4
Love the design, but who is the featured person?
Looks rather nice

Unfortunately I am too much of a student to be able to carry around 20 smackers :getmecoat:
Original post by paul514
Should have picked someone way better than turner to be in the note like they did for the 5 and 50 pound notes

Should have been Charlie Chaplin.
Original post by Occitanie
Should have been Charlie Chaplin.

It should have been someone important to history, it could have been Cromwell, Pankhurst, Wilberforce, Disraeli etc
Don't have any strong opinions either way but I guess this new design is needed. £20 is forged a lot.
Original post by Deggs_14
Love the design, but who is the featured person?

Turner
Original post by paul514
It should have been someone important to history, it could have been Cromwell, Pankhurst, Wilberforce, Disraeli etc

Between those four I would have chosen Cromwell. You?
Original post by Blue_Cow
Looks rather nice

Unfortunately I am too much of a student to be able to carry around 20 smackers :getmecoat:

I am too much of a student to be able to carry around 1p smackers :getmecoat:
Original post by Glaz
I am too much of a student to be able to carry around 1p smackers :getmecoat:

:hugs:
Who cares?
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/E927/production/_109178695_newnote3.jpg

the painting in the background shows the once-glorious ship Fighting Temeraire being towed to the breaker's yard. a fitting symbol of the wreckage of the Union and our economy. clearly this image was carefully selected.
Reply 15

I like it, nice colour. Though I'm not too familiar on the featured person.
Original post by Occitanie
Between those four I would have chosen Cromwell. You?

It was just off the top of my I could have listed 20 easily of that kind of quality.

Any of them would be better than a bloody artist
Love the colour and design - good job,favourite note of the series with that deep purple :biggrin:

Turing for the £50 note was an excellent choice too

(omg found out Turner tried to avoid the trappings of success and fame, and retaining his Cockney heritage and accent throughout his life, and after the death of his father, withdrew from life, dying in squalor :frown:)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by paul514
It was just off the top of my I could have listed 20 easily of that kind of quality.

Any of them would be better than a bloody artist

The Bank of England go for people from different fields, not just political leaders or scientists or engineers. He's a popular figure and 'The Fighting Temeraire' was voted the Greatest Painting in Britain.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 19
And 'The Fighting Temeraire' featured in 'Skyfall':

https://youtu.be/kCNb5QDtc18

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending