The Student Room Group

Just realised my UCAS is wrong!

I am applying for English and French, however at 2 of my uni choices (Exeter and Birmingham), the course is under the umbrella of 'English and Modern Languages'. Due to the lack of a specific option for French, I just assumed they would realise my modern language is French by reading my personal statement.
I've now revisited their sites and they say there is a section named 'further details' where I must enter specific codes for French! I didn't see this part on my UCAS when I was filling it out, and my school also double checked and approved it to be sent off. Is it possible the universities will discard me for accidentally failing to specify the language? I will be phoning UCAS first thing on Monday to try and change it, but i'm worried :frown:
Reply 1
Anyone know? Will they just discard my application? Is there anything I can do myself before phoning UCAS?
no you should be fine. i changed one of my ucas choices from econ with pol to pure economics in like march, after i had been given an offer for the first one, and it was fine - they just send my application back to the econ department to reapprove it

i'm pretty sure i only contacted the university though and asked them to change my course choice on ucas which they did
Reply 3
Original post by HoldThisL
no you should be fine. i changed one of my ucas choices from econ with pol to pure economics in like march, after i had been given an offer for the first one, and it was fine - they just send my application back to the econ department to reapprove it

i'm pretty sure i only contacted the university though and asked them to change my course choice on ucas which they did

Phew! That's made me less stressed - thank you. So do you think I should contact the universities directly to amend this mistake, or UCAS?
Original post by Daisy02
Phew! That's made me less stressed - thank you. So do you think I should contact the universities directly to amend this mistake, or UCAS?

yeah don't worry about it too much - everything seems very formal and up tight when it's in front you but you'll realise it's not that bad once you're on the other side

definitely email the universities because they're the ones the are dealing with your application and copy ucas in on the email as well because there's no harm in doing it
Original post by Daisy02
I am applying for English and French, however at 2 of my uni choices (Exeter and Birmingham), the course is under the umbrella of 'English and Modern Languages'. Due to the lack of a specific option for French, I just assumed they would realise my modern language is French by reading my personal statement.
I've now revisited their sites and they say there is a section named 'further details' where I must enter specific codes for French! I didn't see this part on my UCAS when I was filling it out, and my school also double checked and approved it to be sent off. Is it possible the universities will discard me for accidentally failing to specify the language? I will be phoning UCAS first thing on Monday to try and change it, but i'm worried :frown:

Good morning,

My best advice would be to email or call our Admissions team to let them know this additional information as soon as possible. The contact details are:
[email protected]
0300 555 60 60

I am sure they will help as best they can!

Melody
Reply 6
Original post by Uni of Exeter
Good morning,

My best advice would be to email or call our Admissions team to let them know this additional information as soon as possible. The contact details are:
[email protected]
0300 555 60 60

I am sure they will help as best they can!

Melody

Hi, yes I called admissions this morning and they were very helpful and amended the application for me :smile: Thank you.
Original post by Daisy02
Hi, yes I called admissions this morning and they were very helpful and amended the application for me :smile: Thank you.

That is great to hear Daisy02! I am pleased it is all sorted :smile: Good luck!

Melody

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending