The Student Room Group

History gcse

Answer this question
‘There was a rapid change in ideas about the cause of illness and disease in the period c1700-1900’
how far do u agree?
Are you doing medicine for history ?
yh
Ohhh I can help you beacise I have done gcse history and now doing A level history
Do you
(edited 4 years ago)
ok thank you. i’m in year 11 and i’ve been struggling with history since year 10 i keep get 2s and 3s whenever we do topic tests or mocks i really want a 5
no sorry
That was the exact same with meeee I got 1 and 2 but I Managed to turn things around and get a 7 in the actual gcse and I’m not kidding
(edited 4 years ago)
Do you use anything apart from this app or even email
I can send you some of my model answers if you want
yes my email is [email protected]
Oh okay I’ll just email you some and also I’ll help with this question too x
thank you so much
Original post by sabrina_a04
yes my email is [email protected]

Just check your email I have panned you a answer to this question
What other topics are you studying and what exam board are you doing to?
i do edexcel and i studied elizabethan england and currently studying british america and something else
i do edexcel and i studied elizabethan england and currently studying british america and something else

I have just sent you an email I don’t know wether u received it or not but I have sort of planned out the answer to you medicine question please reply on email if you did thank you
Original post by Sabah1_xx
I have just sent you an email I don’t know wether u received it or not but I have sort of planned out the answer to you medicine question please reply on email if you did thank you

it’s ok i have received it thanks
ok thank you. i’m in year 11 and i’ve been struggling with history since year 10 i keep get 2s and 3s whenever we do topic tests or mocks i really want a 5

There is no need to struggle.

Learn the notes about the period.
Read the question and understand what it asks.
Plan your essay based on the question.
Add in knowledgable from your notes.
Write it.

Practice. History will be about how well you do that process, so it helps if you can quickly understand a question, what it is they are asking and what information will help you.

‘There was a rapid change in ideas about the cause of illness and disease in the period c1700-1900’
1700-1900 is the period it wants you to cover, so your answer should reflect what people thought at the beginning, the end and major change of ideas during the period.

Introduction
Pick the beginning idea
idea 1 cause of illness and disease 1700

Any significant events that contributed to new knowledge understanding and change in ideas.
idea 2 cause of illness and disease

idea/ event 3 cause of illness and disease

idea 4 cause of illness and disease

idea 5 cause of illness and disease

idea 6 cause of illness and disease 1900

Conclusion
Did ideas change?
was the change rapid or not? If it was not rapid then why not and what was holding them back during the time and even by 1900?
how far do u agree with the question?

If you practice then dissecting questions is the key to being able to write competent answers. Once you understand how to do that your marks will improve based on knowing what they want and what you are doing. Getting model answers will just make you inflexible. It is the method of answering that is the foundation, not facts , which can be added later.
Original post by 999tigger
There is no need to struggle.

Learn the notes about the period.
Read the question and understand what it asks.
Plan your essay based on the question.
Add in knowledgable from your notes.
Write it.

Practice. History will be about how well you do that process, so it helps if you can quickly understand a question, what it is they are asking and what information will help you.

1700-1900 is the period it wants you to cover, so your answer should reflect what people thought at the beginning, the end and major change of ideas during the period.

Introduction
Pick the beginning idea
idea 1 cause of illness and disease 1700

Any significant events that contributed to new knowledge understanding and change in ideas.
idea 2 cause of illness and disease

idea/ event 3 cause of illness and disease

idea 4 cause of illness and disease

idea 5 cause of illness and disease

idea 6 cause of illness and disease 1900

Conclusion
Did ideas change?
was the change rapid or not? If it was not rapid then why not and what was holding them back during the time and even by 1900?
how far do u agree with the question?

If you practice then dissecting questions is the key to being able to write competent answers. Once you understand how to do that your marks will improve based on knowing what they want and what you are doing. Getting model answers will just make you inflexible. It is the method of answering that is the foundation, not facts , which can be added later.

thank u

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending