The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mika0305
hi, should I email my UCAT bursary entitlement? also I meet only 3 of those entry requirements, Does it mean I won't receive an interview? thank you

I've had a look at the entry requirements and it does state you need to meet a minimum of four and since you only meet three you, unfortunately, do not meet the entry criteria so will be rejected pre-interview.
hi, should I email my UCAT bursary entitlement? also I meet only 3 of those entry requirements, Does it mean I won't receive an interview? thank you

hi i emailed them and they said you can still apply with 3 but priority will be given to those who meet 4 criteria after 4 have been met no further priority will be given for students who meet more than 4
Original post by suf6799
hi i emailed them and they said you can still apply with 3 but priority will be given to those who meet 4 criteria after 4 have been met no further priority will be given for students who meet more than 4

Oops well, I retract my prior statement then. If you don't mind me asking what is the priority for, is it for who gets the interviews? Or who is given an offer post-interview?

You do not need to send evidence of receiving the UCAT bursary yourself, just mention that you have received it in your email, as the university has said that they get this information from UCAT themselves.
If anyone was wondering, I just rang up to ask about not receiving a confirmation email for my sent evidence and they said that this is normal, due to the high number of emails they are currently trying to get through. So if anyone has not received their confirmation yet, too, do not panic.

nvm been answered already! ignore me
Original post by suf6799

Thank you soooooo muuuuuchhhh
Original post by AlevelReject68
I haven't received an email regarding eligibility criteria. Should I be worried?

Have you emailed them evidence of the criteria you meet?
Original post by Mckailer
Have you emailed them evidence of the criteria you meet?

No I wasnt asked to email them anything. I was only told that my application is being reviewed atm
Original post by shohaib712
No I wasnt asked to email them anything. I was only told that my application is being reviewed atm

Everyone received the email saying that they are viewing applications. However they do not send you a form/email telling you to send evidence of criteria, you are supposed to do this yourself after sending off UCAS - I didn't realise this either so sent it pretty late - I would suggest having a look at: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bmbs-bachelor-of-medicine-bachelor-of-surgery-with-foundation-year-0
It tells you the specific entry criteria that you need to send evidence for and who to email it too. I would do this ASAP if possible.
Original post by Mckailer
Everyone received the email saying that they are viewing applications. However they do not send you a form/email telling you to send evidence of criteria, you are supposed to do this yourself after sending off UCAS - I didn't realise this either so sent it pretty late - I would suggest having a look at: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bmbs-bachelor-of-medicine-bachelor-of-surgery-with-foundation-year-0
It tells you the specific entry criteria that you need to send evidence for and who to email it too. I would do this ASAP if possible.

What letter would I send to prove I studied at a state school?

I personally just sent an official (scanned) letter from my college which stated that it was a state-funded school.

Hey I think the deadline to submit evidence was the 30th
Have you not submitted it yet ?
Reply 73
i thought they just check from themselves to check if ur school is state funded
"School type
Attending or attended a state or scholarship funded school whilst completing your level 3 qualifications (scholarship to fee paying school only) Evidenced by school letter submitted by applicant at the point of application to [email protected]"
https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bmbs-bachelor-of-medicine-bachelor-of-surgery-with-foundation-year-0
Reply 75
ahhhh i guess it’s too late for me :frown: would that mean a rejection ?
Original post by suf6799
Hey I think the deadline to submit evidence was the 30th
Have you not submitted it yet ?

I can't seem to find any specified deadline on their website would you mind linking a source/quote?
Reply 77
i cant necessarily get a school letter right now either since it’s half term
Original post by z2002
i cant necessarily get a school letter right now either since it’s half term

Hey I phoned them myself and they said its stated on your UCAS form what type of school you attend, so its okay if you haven't sent a letter in. Which is true because I received a contextual offer from my 5th choice for this indicator without submitting any further info
Reply 79
Oh that’s a relief... thank you :smile:, do we find out who is being interviewed this month?

Latest

Trending

Trending