The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IbrahimPA
GAMSAT results are out, hope everyone did well enough for an interview. What was the cut off last year?

55 for those with a 2:1. Can't remember what it was for a 2:2. Good luck guys.
Reply 81
Really happy with my GAMSAT score, hope everyone else is too!
Reply 82
98D2595F-5797-424F-993B-08C965433140.jpeg
Here you go!
Original post by tamsin_athalie
I took GAMSAT last year but I’d like to see the percentile rank chart for this year if anyone could send it to me
Original post by myoung8898
98D2595F-5797-424F-993B-08C965433140.jpeg
Here you go!

Thank you. The percentiles are slightly higher this year than last, so the cut off might be a little higher. If it’s the 45th percentile again, the cut-off would be about 57
It was 55 for a 2.1 and 60 for a 2.2 last year.
I've got 58 from my score last year...do we reckon that will make the cut off still?

Can't see it being over 58 surely but I reckon I'm gonna be right on the cut off this time...
Got my GAMSAT back and scored 65, can't really tell what sort of chance that gives me
Original post by TheOneAmr
Got my GAMSAT back and scored 65, can't really tell what sort of chance that gives me

Unless something shocking happens you'll most likely be fine for Notts, assuming you've met the individual cutoffs.
Got 62 (61 by GAMSAT's calculation) so hopefully should be okay... Any idea of when we might hear back?

Thanks
Original post by TheOneAmr
Got my GAMSAT back and scored 65, can't really tell what sort of chance that gives

Excellent score, well done! I'm 99.9% sure you will meet the cut off for interview.
Reply 90
Without sounding too full of myself, I've done really well in the GAMSAT - any idea how much (if any) value this has past the interview cutoff stage?

Basically will an excellent GAMSAT be worth more than a score just above the cutoff when it comes to considering people post-interview?
Original post by Ellios
Without sounding too full of myself, I've done really well in the GAMSAT - any idea how much (if any) value this has past the interview cutoff stage?

Basically will an excellent GAMSAT be worth more than a score just above the cutoff when it comes to considering people post-interview?

Not really. The only time it would come into play post interview would be if you were on the waiting list and had the exact same interview score as somebody else. In that case, I believe they offer the place to the candidate with the higher GAMSAT score.

Congratulations on your result!

I haven't applied to Nottingham this year, but my husband has and he's just got his result. He got 73, but he only has a 2.2 so he needed to smash it. I can't believe he came out of the exam worried that he wasn't going to make the section 2 cut off!
Original post by BoilingMarmalade
Not really. The only time it would come into play post interview would be if you were on the waiting list and had the exact same interview score as somebody else. In that case, I believe they offer the place to the candidate with the higher GAMSAT score.

Congratulations on your result!

I haven't applied to Nottingham this year, but my husband has and he's just got his result. He got 73, but he only has a 2.2 so he needed to smash it. I can't believe he came out of the exam worried that he wasn't going to make the section 2 cut off!

I had the exact same thoughts as your husband, felt like my essay was so basic and error ridden plus it was super super left wing 😂😂 and it was my best section! Glad to hear he did well too!
Trust me guys, if you get an offer by this time next year you'll be so deep in the course and the GAMSAT will seem like a walk in the park
Anyone got the percentile curve for the march sitting?
Does anyone know how Nottingham decide who to interview in their first round (Dec/Jan) and who to interview at Easter?
Original post by Tonic Water
Trust me guys, if you get an offer by this time next year you'll be so deep in the course and the GAMSAT will seem like a walk in the park

100% this. I'm a second year GEM at Notts and I forget I even did the GAMSAT.

Your GAMSAT scores only come into play post interview in the rare occasion that your interview scores are equal to someone else. Otherwise they have no bearing on your odds of getting an offer. It's all down to interview performance.

They only started the Dec/Easter interview split last year due to the increased intake. As far as I'm aware, allocations are random.
Reply 97
Hello,

Basically I had an issue where my GAMSAT results havent been fed to the unis directly from acer can anybody help :frown:
Hey Zain , im not sure if other unis do it but Nottingham told me that they would contact me automatically if they hadn't received my gamsat results when they were supposed to
Original post by Donkeykong96
Hey Zain , im not sure if other unis do it but Nottingham told me that they would contact me automatically if they hadn't received my gamsat results when they were supposed to

they said the same to me :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending