The Student Room Group

SOS epq change in title

SOS

Will marks be deducted if my epq presentation's title is different from the essay's final draft title? Going for the A * prediction. I presented it last week and decided to change the title today.

Original: Does the influence of Heredity and Environmental Factors on intelligence changes with age

New: What is intelligence and its influential factors

or something else please help
Reply 1
No, if anything, it will gain you marks to show your evaluative nature and progression through the project :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by janelle42
SOS

Will marks be deducted if my epq presentation's title is different from the essay's final draft title? Going for the A * prediction. I presented it last week and decided to change the title today.

Original: Does the influence of Heredity and Environmental Factors on intelligence changes with age

New: What is intelligence and its influential factors

or something else please help

Honestly I think the first title is better - it's more specific, and judging from an aqa examiner comment I read about, questions like the new one you have are too vague. Then again, I don't think presenting with a different title will be that significant in changing your marks.
Reply 3
Original post by aylee_
No, if anything, it will gain you marks to show your evaluative nature and progression through the project :smile:

I thought we have to present with the FINAL TITLE

Original post by iFlops
Honestly I think the first title is better - it's more specific, and judging from an aqa examiner comment I read about, questions like the new one you have are too vague. Then again, I don't think presenting with a different title will be that significant in changing your marks.

I realize that there is more influential factors to our intelligence other than the environment and genes. Half of my essay is also based on models of intelligence(like 2000 words). What should I change it too
Reply 4
we do need to present w final title but you can discuss how it developed in your project q research and development which would be good to see from an examiner point of view
Reply 5
Original post by aylee_
we do need to present w final title but you can discuss how it developed in your project q research and development which would be good to see from an examiner point of view

This ^^

Original post by janelle42
I realize that there is more influential factors to our intelligence other than the environment and genes. Half of my essay is also based on models of intelligence(like 2000 words). What should I change it too

You don't have to change it; that's great material to use during your evaluation, I have no doubt in my mind that you won't have marks deducted because of this, I honestly think you may be overthinking this a tad. It's fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending