The Student Room Group

Who inspires you?

This can be someone dead or alive, but who inspires you most?
Reply 1
jimmy king
ariana grande and martin luther king
Our Women in the services protecting this great country.
Oda Nobunaga
Robert. Downey. Jr.

His career had great success in his youth, followed by a period of substance abuse and legal troubles, before a resurgence of commercial success in middle age.

Eventually in 2008, Downey was named by Time magazine among the 100 most influential people in the world, and from 2013 to 2015, he was listed by Forbes as Hollywood's highest-paid actor. His films have grossed over $14.4 billion worldwide, making him the third highest-grossing box-office star of all time
(edited 4 years ago)
In terms of a celeb Angelina Jolie
Original post by ForestShadow
Robert. Downey. Jr.

His career had great success in his youth, followed by a period of substance abuse and legal troubles, before a resurgence of commercial success in middle age.

Eventually in 2008, Downey was named by Time magazine among the 100 most influential people in the world, and from 2013 to 2015, he was listed by Forbes as Hollywood's highest-paid actor. His films have grossed over $14.4 billion worldwide, making him the third highest-grossing box-office star of all time

What's your fave film of his
Original post by corran_gourlay

Spoiler

Keanu Reeves, he is a very kind, generous, good person, gives most of his money to charity, is very humble, and I like to follow his example of being kind, not too extravagant, not big-headed, and being excellent to other people. Remember to be excellent to each other!
What's your fave film of his

all his marvel iron man features are next level inspiring , and his father figure to spiderman especially is a whole different emotional side but his version of sherlock is just marvellous and suits him so well
Original post by AmazingPhysicist
Keanu Reeves, he is a very kind, generous, good person, gives most of his money to charity, is very humble, and I like to follow his example of being kind, not too extravagant, not big-headed, and being excellent to other people. Remember to be excellent to each other!

bogus journey or excellent adventure?

what about your own biggest inspiration?

If I could add another I am quite into boxing so ali for all his landmark achievements both inside and outside the ring is also a massive influence
all his marvel iron man features are next level inspiring , and his father figure to spiderman especially is a whole different emotional side but his version of sherlock is just marvellous and suits him so well

you should check out 'Zodiac' he's at his best in that imo
bogus journey or excellent adventure?

I'd go with excellent adventure
what about your own biggest inspiration?

If I could add another I am quite into boxing so ali for all his landmark achievements both inside and outside the ring is also a massive influence

Kubrick and Bowie for me. The only person alive rn who I'd consider an inspiration is Thom Yorke (from Radiohead)
My dear biology teacher.
(edited 4 years ago)
I don't really think I have a general inspiration...

I have musical inspirations though. Jake Kiszka has to be the most notable one at the moment, he's a guitarist from an up and coming band (they've blown up quite recently, and quite frankly, I worship them). The guy is the same age as me but has apparently been playing guitar his entire life, and it shows. I'd go as far as saying he's capable of being the next Jimmy Page, he plays so effortlessly and his riffs are so god damn catchy. It's inspired me to keep playing, and I honestly think this guitar playing is the only thing keeping me going right now.

I had the privilege of seeing him live a couple of weeks ago, on the rail, on his side. Safe to say I stared in awe for the entire show. Met him afterwards as well. He's a really down to earth guy, clear that the fame hasn't taken it's toll yet.

Quick Reply

Latest