The Student Room Group

Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge - Medicine 2020 entry

Hey guys!
Just thought I'd make a thread for all the Fitz applicants.
I've been invited for interview on the 10th of December and the email said both my interviews are 'Subject Interview'.

How are you all preparing for the interview?

Scroll to see replies

Revising all my AS for bio, chem and maths; reading the interviewers research
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by coffeedrinker123
Hey guys!
Just thought I'd make a thread for all the Fitz applicants.
I've been invited for interview on the 10th of December and the email said both my interviews are 'Subject Interview'.

How are you all preparing for the interview?

What are you stats?
Original post by darren ngasseu
What are you stats?

gcse: 12A*3A
Bmat: 4.1 4.1 3A :frown:
achieved a levels : A*A*A (maths, chem, bio)

what about you?
gcse: 12A*3A
Bmat: 4.1 4.1 3A :frown:
achieved a levels : A*A*A (maths, chem, bio)

what about you?

Mine aren’t strong 😬😂:
Gcse: 5A*6As
Predicted: A*A*AA (bio, chem, maths,french)
Bmat: 5.1, 3.9 2.5A (went awfully 😭)
Reply 5
Hey guys, Fitz medic here, I was in your shoes last year, so any last minute questions, feel free to ask.
I got 3.8 5 3A in the BMAT, as long as your section 1 isn’t far below the average and your section 2 is average or above, theirs no need to worry. plenty got in with even lower BMAT scores last year.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by OLCK
Hey guys, Fitz medic here, I was in your shoes last year, so any last minute questions, feel free to ask.
I got 3.8 5 3A in the BMAT, as long as your section 1 isn’t far below the average and your section 2 is average or above, theirs no need to worry. plenty got in with even lower BMAT scores last year.

Do you know the interview : offer rate at Fitz? Also I know you said yours were subject interviews as well, did you get asked any general questions/motivation for medicine questions?
Reply 7
Do you know the interview : offer rate at Fitz? Also I know you said yours were subject interviews as well, did you get asked any general questions/motivation for medicine questions?

I don't know it precisely but If you get on the "what do they know" website and search it I'm sure you'll find it. I got asked one general question about how I found A levels, and one motivation question, questioning a specific line in my intro.
Original post by OLCK
I don't know it precisely but If you get on the "what do they know" website and search it I'm sure you'll find it. I got asked one general question about how I found A levels, and one motivation question, questioning a specific line in my intro.

how long were the interviews?
Reply 9
how long were the interviews?

like 35 minutes each
Hey, I didn’t realize this thread existed...
How are people feeling for Wednesday? I thought the fitz interviewers were rlly friendly and in a weird way I found the interviews generally enjoyable. But not sure whether I’m right for Cambridge. How did others find the interview?
Original post by Dr. Doc Thor
Hey, I didn’t realize this thread existed...
How are people feeling for Wednesday? I thought the fitz interviewers were rlly friendly and in a weird way I found the interviews generally enjoyable. But not sure whether I’m right for Cambridge. How did others find the interview?

The interviewers were defo nice but I gave really crap responses to generic "why med" etc questions so I think that from their perspective my "motivations for medicine" are very weak :s-smilie: overall the academic stuff wasn't too bad but not certain how well I did in that aspect either tbf
Anyone know whether decisions come tomorrow or Wednesday since the website still says dates are TBC, and good luck!
Original post by secret_fire
Anyone know whether decisions come tomorrow or Wednesday since the website still says dates are TBC, and good luck!

Their insta page says on Wednesday. Looking at last year, it came in the morning around 8:30
Good luck for tomorrow guys :smile:
Gl everyone👍, I’m sure we will all become amazing medics whether or not we get into Cambridge
Good luck everyone!
Offer from Fitz 🤩, anyone else hear anything?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Dr. Doc Thor
Offer from Fitz 🤩, anyone else hear anything?

congrats bro!
also got offer :smile:
Original post by MedicPls
congrats bro!
also got offer :smile:

That’s amazing! Now we need to pull two A*s out of the bag...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending