The Student Room Group

Is Corbyn antisemetic?

Is he antisemitic?

Isn't he?

Or is he simply complicit in Labour's institutional antisemitism?

Scroll to see replies

If only we had a thread to discuss this until now... :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Original post by Palmyra
If only we had a thread to discuss this until now... :rolleyes:

So he is?
Funny how the Tories were labelled the nasty party when all along labour were more like the Nazi Party.
Who knew 😁👌
Original post by Just my opinion
Funny how the Tories were labelled the nasty party when all along labour were more like the Nazi Party.

You are seriously unhinged.
Original post by Occitanie
So he is?

no.... the media hates corbyn. their is a problem with anti-semitism in the labour party. Jeremy Corbyn has suspended and kicked out members accused of antisemitism. he has also apologized several times for anti-semitism in the labour party. there are many jews that support corbyn! (you would be surprised) plus... the media doesn't talk about the tories and their islamophobic, sexist, misogynistic and homophobic remarks. (still have not received an apology from Mr Johnson on this btw)
Reply 6
Original post by Palmyra
You are seriously unhinged.

Worrying when the nasty party seem to be the best bet even when led by petty dictators. Doesn't say much for the rest. I despise Johnson and loathe the ERG but faced with the alternatives? A mad Marxist or Jo no policies?
Reply 7
I'm still waiting to actually see any real evidence he is a real anti-semite. His sympathising with the Palestinians, alas, does not make him one. On the other hand, everyone who keeps saying his support for them thus ipso facto makes him an anti-semite would on the same turn seem to make them racist bigots for thinking that Palestinians deserve to be ethnically cleansed, bombed, shot and held in torture camps etc. etc. etc.

Then again seeing as most of the people spouting this claptrap couldnt give a **** for the jews one way or the other and are just using it as a nice rhetorical cudgel to bash Corbyn with it really makes no difference at all.
Is Corbyn, the man who has been protesting and fighting against injustices all his life, antisemitic? Cmon now.
Reply 9
Original post by Castro Saint
Is Corbyn, the man who has been protesting and fighting against injustices all his life, antisemitic? Cmon now.

In fairness, only very specific injustices.
Original post by Napp
In fairness, only very specific injustices.

He covers a very broad spectrum... way more than the average politician.
Reply 11

True, although that is a depressingly low bar to go from.
Personally, I think he’s just an idiot, who doesn’t think through his actions (eg liking that mural) and allows himself to be manipulated by a small group of advisors who don’t want the party to act on antisemitism.

I’m all for criticising the policies of the Israeli government towards Palestine, which are beyond abhorrent, but the reality is that many people use this as an excuse to peddle ludicrous conspiracy theories and spew hatred towards the Jewish community. It’s possible to sympathise with the Palestinians without believing the world is run by Zionists, that Israel should be destroyed, or that terror groups like Hamas are acceptable.

Most labour supporters are committed anti racists who want to fight bigotry in all its forms, but the party has fallen into the trap of trying to defend a fringe movement of conspiracy theorists and antisemites, when we should have just thrown them out.

The response to antisemitism in the Labour Party has been an absolute disgrace, and I think it’s fair to say that there are institutional problems with how we deal with this type of racism. However, I don’t think all labour supporters are bad people, nor does this invalidate the good work the party has done on other issues. I’m not 100% sure about whether Corbyn himself is anti Semitic, but he has certainly made a lot of bad decisions, and I get why that might make people nervous about him.
Reply 13

He sure does, with his historic support of anybody with a grudge against this country and lifelong endorsement of political dictatorships and failed economic experiments. Not many like him around, that's very true and worth thanking the heavens for.
This appears to be a case of not seeing the wood for the trees. He may or may not be anti-semitic but it pales into insignificance when set against the fact that he and his entire cabal, McDonnell, Milne and Momentum included, are Marxists who have a deep hatred of the British state and all it has stood for since 1945, including the foreign policies of previous Labour governments in that period.
(edited 4 years ago)
Funny how the media always bang on about anti-semitism to Corbyn even though he hasn't done it himself and has solved the issues within his party but always seem to ignore Boris Johnson being homophobic, Islamophobic and a cu**
He is indeed
Reply 17
Original post by JanusGodofDoors

I’m all for criticising the policies of the Israeli government towards Palestine, which are beyond abhorrent, but the reality is that many people use this as an excuse to peddle ludicrous conspiracy theories and spew hatred towards the Jewish community. It’s possible to sympathise with the Palestinians without believing the world is run by Zionists, that Israel should be destroyed, or that terror groups like Hamas are acceptable.

In fairness to that point the argument can very easily be made that supporting Hamas is little different than supporting the Israeli government as their actions are almost exactly the same in most respects.
Original post by Napp
In fairness to that point the argument can very easily be made that supporting Hamas is little different than supporting the Israeli government as their actions are almost exactly the same in most respects.

hammas is not a terror group.
Reply 19
Original post by 0114x
hammas is not a terror group.

I didnt make a comment on what they may or may not be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending